Menu

AGGGH! Lesson learned re: checking publication date

I just need to vent. I'm so mad at myself!! I really liked the looks of the Oak Meadow 8th grade curriculum, particularly the choices of novels for English. So, I bought an Oak Meadow 8th grade curriculum on ebay. Well, I just assumed it was the current version because the covers looked similar. I should have asked! I should have realized there might be a reason the seller didn't list the publication date (which I didn't notice initially.) I just received it in the mail today, and it turns out it was published in 2001 (when DS was 4 years old!) and does not include all the same novels the current version does, but DOES include several books that I expect he will have ZERO interest in reading! SHOOT!!! Expensive danged lesson to learn...sigh.

I just need to vent. I'm so mad at myself!! I really liked the looks of the Oak Meadow 8th grade curriculum, particularly the choices of novels for English. So, I bought an Oak Meadow 8th grade curriculum on ebay. Well, I just assumed it was the current version because the covers looked similar. I should have asked! I should have realized there might be a reason the seller didn't list the publication date (which I didn't notice initially.) I just received it in the mail today, and it turns out it was published in 2001 (when DS was 4 years old!) and does not include all the same novels the current version does, but DOES include several books that I expect he will have ZERO interest in reading! SHOOT!!! Expensive danged lesson to learn...sigh.

:grouphug: I've done this before. :D

Oak Meadow did revisions in:

2006--made things in color, added to early grade levels

2000--switched around the syllabus

1995--not sure what they did but I guess they made it more mainstream

About every 5 years they do some work to it but not a lot. You can always sell your set and then buy the one you want. There are people out there like me who prefer the older versions of OM rather than the newer ones.:001_smile: