Menu

Just Shoot Me Now

The other day we had to quit school early because my youngest decided that she wanted to go outside RIGHT. THIS. MINUTE. and nothing else would do. She didn't want a diaper change. She didn't want to eat. She didn't want a drink. She didn't want to nurse. She didn't want to be held. She didn't want to be put down. She didn't want to play with her toys. She didn't want to play with anyone. She wanted to go outside and anything else produce an ear-piercing shriek.

It is 8am. She doesn't want to eat. She doesn't want to drink. She'll nurse for 5 seconds at a time. She doesn't want to be held. She won't let big sister hold her. She doesn't want to be put down. Her diaper isn't bugging her. She does want to eat paper. She does want DH's bluetooth device. Anything else produces an ear-piercing shriek.

Yeah. Um. So, how am I suppose to wash laundry, clean, teach school, work on school planning I need to do for our virtual school, get ready to go camping next week, cook, etc?

I forced ibuprofen down her because she's cutting molars.

Any other ideas before I lose my mind?

I had only read the first two sentences of your original post when I was reminded vividly of my daughter's molar's coming in. I feel for you! Some kids are so awful to deal with during teething -- of course it's not any fun for them either, but I remember several times I felt as though there just wasn't enough in life to make up for going through this for days on end. Neither Motrin or Tylenol did all that much for my dd, whose entire bodily systems were messed up by teething: eating patterns, sleeping, skin rashes, weird shifts from manic to lethargic, anything and everything. She's never gone through anything else to compare to that. And I can remember not getting much (anything?) done during all those weeks (which felt like DECADES).

I have so much sympathy for both of you.