Menu

HS'ing is going soo well....

First 4 weeks of HS'ing went WONDERFUL. My dd8 loves to learn and has a good attitude. My DS4 and 2 are doing OK with it all too. Problem...I will be watching 2 babies come October :-( I dont want to but we need to dig ourselves out of debt once and for all. I honestly do not see how I will do it all. Basically we will school all stinking day long with breaks as the kids need em. It really stinks that we wont even be able to go outside much.

Stupid us for this stupid debt. I learned my lesson! This last month has been the only month I have been a real SAHM with no babysitting kids. PITY PARTY PITY PARTY

Ok, pity party over. I will enjoy these next 4 weeks and thank God that I can watch kids in my home and I dont have to go work outside of the house and I will pray hard that all goes well.

Thank you for listening and have a great day. My DD turned 8 today so we are having a fun only day and a party tomorrow. No school for 3 days, God I love this HS'ing thing :001_smile:

:grouphug:

Babies can come outside with shade/bundling up depending on the weather!

I have a friend from way up North in Canada, her husband tells a funny story about the first time he visited her family:

They asked if he wanted to go on a walk with them and started bundling up the baby. He looked at them in astonishment and asked, "You're taking the baby out in this?" They looked at him like he was the one that was crazy!

Just like people from Seattle go out with babies when it's raining or they'll never get out, people from up North go out with their children when it's cold.

I'm thinking about taking on some childcare for teh same reasons...stupid debt!! (and mine is SL debt for a degree I'm using to HOMESCHOOL:banghead:)

Have you thought about taking on 4yo's, and folding them into your "preschool" time with your 4yo? That's the crazy thought in my head...

:grouphug:

Babies can come outside with shade/bundling up depending on the weather!

I have a friend from way up North in Canada, her husband tells a funny story about the first time he visited her family:

They asked if he wanted to go on a walk with them and started bundling up the baby. He looked at them in astonishment and asked, "You're taking the baby out in this?" They looked at him like he was the one that was crazy!

Just like people from Seattle go out with babies when it's raining or they'll never get out, people from up North go out with their children when it's cold.

Thats kinda funny, I never really thought about that! :001_smile:

I usually take the babysitting kids out but with 2 little bitty ones and a 2 and 4 year old.....I am kinda wondering how that will all work out. Thankfully we have the fenced in backyard and I can sit at the patio door and watch my kids play so they can go out for a little while if I am aunable to drag 2 babies out also.

I'm thinking about taking on some childcare for teh same reasons...stupid debt!! (and mine is SL debt for a degree I'm using to HOMESCHOOL:banghead:)

Have you thought about taking on 4yo's, and folding them into your "preschool" time with your 4yo? That's the crazy thought in my head...

This year my requirement was just to have ps teachers kids. I wanted the summer,holidays, and weekends off and figured I could just run our schedule the same. As hard as newborns can be...I like the fact that they are stationary. Thus I will only have to chase down my 2 YO.

I do like your idea also. I had a 3 yr old last year and he fit right in with my boys and thay played all day SO well. I guess this will be a test as to what is easier. I guess it totally depends on how these babies are!