Menu

I have had it with another homeschooling forum

I will not name the forum that I am talking about, but some of you may know me as Broken & Beautiful on there. Just today in their Meet and Share forum I posted that I was looking to borrow or rent certain Cores that they sell because I cannot afford them and I cannot afford to pay the fee they charge to post on the For Sale board.

Anyway, per their forum guidelines, you are not allowed to post on any other forum except the For Sale forum that you are wanting to sell, buy, GIVE AWAY or NEED curriculum. Huh??? I post in the M & S forum my need and my post was deleted. So, I asked someone to remove me from the forums. I cannot support a company that supports missions but will not support their customers.

Just need to vent!!

I will not name the forum that I am talking about, but some of you may know me as Broken & Beautiful on there. Just today in their Meet and Share forum I posted that I was looking to borrow or rent certain Cores that they sell because I cannot afford them and I cannot afford to pay the fee they charge to post on the For Sale board.

Anyway, per their forum guidelines, you are not allowed to post on any other forum except the For Sale forum that you are wanting to sell, buy, GIVE AWAY or NEED curriculum. Huh??? I post in the M & S forum my need and my post was deleted. So, I asked someone to remove me from the forums. I cannot support a company that supports missions but will not support their customers.

Just need to vent!!

Sorry that happened, but I have a thought for you....

I'm pretty sure I know which company you are talking about, and there are several yahoo groups for that curriculum. I think at least a couple of them allow you to post FS/WTB/Need on there. You might give it a try. Just search yahoo groups with that curriculum's name. Yahoo is still free.

You could also post over on the FS/WTB board here. This place is still free, too. :001_smile:

I cannot support a company that supports missions but will not support their customers.

Just need to vent!!

:confused: If you're looking to borrow or "rent" curriculum from another forum user, I don't see how you're currently one of their customers.

Be that as it may, this homeschool company is a business. They are looking to get $$ from you either by purchasing their curriculum or subscribing to their forum.

I understand your frustration, but look at it from a business standpoint. They have nothing to gain from you receiving free curriculum.

:grouphug: Hope you're able to find the resources you need!

Just need to vent!!

You should maybe shoot them an email about that. If they truly want to support those in need, that policy might need retooling.

Thanks to all for letting me vent. You all had some good ideas and some I have already explored. I do really like their curriculum but this just left a bad taste in my mouth. Trust me this "topic" has been hotly debated over there the last week or so and I have gotten much support. Although, I know that their policy is to protect their customers from people who would take advantage.

Currently, I am in contact with some of my forum friends there and I have searched the forums a bit, but I am taking a "break".