Menu

Frustrated....

So, I sold something on Homeschoolclassifieds. I have never ever had a problem there. Until today. I shipped with delivery confirmation and it shows the package was "accepted" in Atlanta, GA - the person I mailed to lives in GA - I am assuming a suburb of Atlanta. That is the only record of it- it arrived in Atlanta on August 16th and has now disappeared. I told the woman to check with her local post office to see if they were holding it for some reason. She emails me and tells me they know nothing about it and then she proceeds to file a claim with Paypal and Paypal takes $112 from me! Meanwhile I did my part and sent with delivery confirmation. I am a little irritated that she thinks she has a right to file a claim when I clearly held up my end- her beef should be with the post office. I wouldn't hold someone liable if they provided proof of shipping!

Anyway, I provided the tracking number to Paypal and now I am waiting to hear what is next. I am not happy about this at all.

Ugh, I'm sorry, that is a lot of money to lose. Hope the Post Office can track it down - maybe it was misdelivered. I had a similar problem once. I sold some homeschool items and shipped the package via media mail w/delivery confirmation. It was marked as delivered, too, but the woman claimed she didn't get it. A week later the package comes back to me because the PO decided it didn't meet media mail restrictions. It would have been nice if they had bothered to notify the receiver before sending it back :tongue_smilie: Hope you get your money or your books back!

Ugh, I'm sorry, that is a lot of money to lose. Hope the Post Office can track it down - maybe it was misdelivered. I had a similar problem once. I sold some homeschool items and shipped the package via media mail w/delivery confirmation. It was marked as delivered, too, but the woman claimed she didn't get it. A week later the package comes back to me because the PO decided it didn't meet media mail restrictions. It would have been nice if they had bothered to notify the receiver before sending it back :tongue_smilie: Hope you get your money or your books back!

Yes, it is a lot of money to lose. I received an email from her this morning and we are both in the same boat- out $112 and no books! It is very frustrating and of course the USPS could give a rip.:cursing::banghead:

Yes, it is a lot of money to lose. I received an email from her this morning and we are both in the same boat- out $112 and no books! It is very frustrating and of course the USPS could give a rip.:cursing::banghead:

Paypal holds the money until the situation is resolved. Did you insure it? I would never, never, never send something worth that much without insurance. Paypal will side with her if you cannot provide proof of *delivery* not just shipping.

So sorry this happened to you!

Paypal holds the money until the situation is resolved. Did you insure it? I would never, never, never send something worth that much without insurance. Paypal will side with her if you cannot provide proof of *delivery* not just shipping.

I did not insure it, but I am realizing maybe I should have. On the other hand in regards to insurance, what I have heard from people who had to deal with USPS with insurance is that it is basically a nightmare and it doesn't mean you will ever get your money back either.

Have you contacted PayPal yourself? If you have delivery confirmation, it is my understanding that this IS proof of delivery. I was on the other end of this once when a seller had delivery confirmation proof and PayPal refused to refund my money even though I didn't have the items. Frustrating all the way around but I would hope that PayPal was at least consistent in their dealings in these circumstances.

The package could very well still show up if say a regular carrier is on vacation and it 'sits' till they return. This happens all the tie around here with USPS.

So sorry for the stress and anxiety of all of this in addition to the darn $$$.

Isn't delivery confirmation proof?

Have you contacted PayPal yourself? If you have delivery confirmation, it is my understanding that this IS proof of delivery. I was on the other end of this once when a seller had delivery confirmation proof and PayPal refused to refund my money even though I didn't have the items. Frustrating all the way around but I would hope that PayPal was at least consistent in their dealings in these circumstances.

The package could very well still show up if say a regular carrier is on vacation and it 'sits' till they return. This happens all the tie around here with USPS.

So sorry for the stress and anxiety of all of this in addition to the darn $$$.

The delivery confirmation says the package was "accepted" by the USPS in Atlanta, GA and nothing after that.

Isn't delivery confirmation proof?

Yes, but it has to show "Delivered" which hers doesn't. It got to Atlanta, was "Accepted" by the PO there, and then nothing. When it is delivered it will show up "Delivered."

As for insurance and USPS, I had a package disappear a few years ago. I had gotten insurance, so I was reimbursed the money I had to refund to her. I was out only the money it cost me to send it. We were in a tiny town, though, where the Postmaster knew us by name, so it wasn't a big deal to get the money from them.

Sadly, paypal will return the buyers money unless the delivery confirmation states delivered. Hopefully the post office will be able to help find the package. I would suggest calling USPS yourself with your delivery confirmation number and see if they can help find the package. Sometimes things get moved, but they don't get scanned.

I work for a company that ships hundreds of packages through the US Postal system each day. The good news is that we rarely lose packages. Sometimes a package does go missing for a while. I have had a few customers where packages did not say delivered, exactly as yours is right now. The good news is that they eventually get delivered or are returned to the sender. I would say the time frame is usually 1 to 3 weeks for them to get to the recipient. You can contact the local post office by calling the 800 number. There is an option to put in the delivery zip code and you will be given a number for the local psot office. Often they will look for the package for you or give you more direction on what may have happened. For packages that say delivered but the person claims it was not, they will often let you speak with the mail carrier and see if he/she can remember the package and where he/she may have left it.

I've had that happen with USPS and I called the PO and they were no help. But it did it did eventually show up at the recipient's house, about 2 weeks later. It could be because it got misplaced or damaged or something.

Strangely, this was also in Atlanta.

Interesting. I have another package enroute to GA and the tracking on that is ALSO just sitting there since the 23rd. If I lose TWO packages in Atlanta I am going to raise heck!

Anyone here live in Atlanta that wants go rip them a new one for me??? LOL Only kidding.....sort of.