Menu

FLL placement help

I need some ideas on where to place my df 10yr old (since July) dd. I tested her today with WWE starting at year 3 week 1. Not happening. So I went down to year 1 week 1. Still a bit of struggle in that I had to reread the passage parts after every question, but liveable. I don't think she is up to dictation but I am going to try her out tomorrow anyway.

If that is where she needs to be in WWE, does that mean she needs FLL 1? I do not think my df will be happy with that. Can she start with FLL3 while moving, hopefully, very quickly through WWE 1 and 2?

I have her working through CLE LA and Reading 100 (where she placed) right now.

Edited by Guest

Well, the child I spoke of has a learning disability so my experience may not be widely applicable. He did WWE2 last year and struggled with it. I bought WWE3, took one look at it and knew that it was far beyond what he was capable of. So I decided to repeat WWE2 this year in order to truly cement the skills. I also have a 7 yo who is doing WWE2. My goal for them is to really "get" the skills being taught. If they were able to master these skills quickly, then we might skip through the level and move on to the next one. In my experience from reading on these boards, the age/grade level doesn't always correlate with the level of WWE.

I don't know if that is at all helpful to you, but perhaps you can glean something from it.:001_smile:

I understand about LDs. I was planning on doubling up the days. For example, we did WWE 1, week 1, days 1-2 today. Better a firm foundation than the shaky one she has now.

Ah, it's all coming back to me... (Late hour, long day.:tongue_smilie:)

We did just as you describe with WWE2 last year, doubling up on lessons. I typically doubled lessons 1 and 2 for a week on one day and then did 3 and 4 on the next day. This kept it to one narration per day. It allowed us to get through two weeks' material in one week's time. (We do school 4 days a week for major subjects.) More narration than one per day confounded my child and caused frustration.

That plan should work nicely for you. If you hit a snag, you can slow down, of course. I don't have WWE1...we started with WWE2 when we abandoned another program midway through last school year. Good luck!:001_smile: