Menu

What do you think is the best music video?

I remember the days when singers/bands made really entertaining videos, that told a story as much as the lyrics did.

What do you think is the best music video out there?

I like this one

by Sigur Ros

It is in Icelandic and I have no idea what the lyrics are, but I sure do hope I am like this when I am old.

I remember the days when singers/bands made really entertaining videos, that told a story as much as the lyrics did.

I like this one

by Sigur Ros

It is in Icelandic and I have no idea what the lyrics are, but I sure do hope I am like this when I am old.

Here are the English lyrics to your song. My company is based out of iceland, its a fun place to be.

Hoppipolla (English) Lyrics

Smiling

spinning In Circles

holding Hands

the World Is A Blur

except When You're Standing

dripping Wet

completly Soaked

no Rubberboots

running Inside Of Us

wants To Burst Out Of The Shell

wind In

and The Smell Of Your Hair

i Hit As Hard As I Can

with My Nose

jumping Into A Puddle

wearing No Boots

completely Soaked (Dripping Wet)

wearing No Boots

and I Get A Nosebleed

but I'll Always Stand Up Again

(Hopelandic)

and I Get A Nosebleed

but I'll Always Stand Up Again

(Hopelandic)

I don't know if it's the best music video, but I love it:

:D

OMG! I can't believe someone else here knows Bright Eyes! I love this one:

. Not my favorite song of theirs' but love the video. Conor is freaky talented. We have all of his CDs (multiple copies of most), some on vinyl (that was not easy to come by), pictures of my teens with him, autographs, posters from a local concert. Also love the duos with Emmy Lou. I have been listening to her since I was a child and she had brown hair.

I like this one

by Sigur Ros

Another great one by Sigur Ros is Glosoli. My new daughter-in-law walked in to it (the song, not the video) instead of the bridal march last Saturday at the wedding. :001_smile:

I have to say I love all the 80's videos, especially Michael Jackson and Madonna.

I like this one

by Sigur Ros

(If I remember correctly, it is the guy in the bathrobe is the squadron CO.)

Warning, this one is a rap song with VERY adult lyrics. I know the song is off color. Yet it reminds me of the videos that dh and his friends did back when they were ensigns, almost 20 years ago. It makes me laugh to think that ensigns are still doing stuff like this, as if they just invented satire. And I also get twinge thinking that they were probably deployed and making the video in between doing their normal division officer jobs and standing 4 hour watches 2-3 times a day. [And I look at their USNA shirts from just a couple years ago and know that they've probably already lost classmates in Iraq, Afghanistan or in flight training. And that there will be still more loses to come.]

This is one of my favorite workout songs.

I even like the Lady Gaga song Telephone now because of the Army video for it.

(If I remember correctly, it is the guy in the bathrobe is the squadron CO.)

Warning, this one is a rap song with VERY adult lyrics. I know the song is off color. Yet it reminds me of the videos that dh and his friends did back when they were ensigns, almost 20 years ago. It makes me laugh to think that ensigns are still doing stuff like this, as if they just invented satire. And I also get twinge thinking that they were probably deployed and making the video in between doing their normal division officer jobs and standing 4 hour watches 2-3 times a day. [And I look at their USNA shirts from just a couple years ago and know that they've probably already lost classmates in Iraq, Afghanistan or in flight training. And that there will be still more loses to come.]

This is one of my favorite workout songs.

I even like the Lady Gaga song Telephone now because of the Army video for it.

OM! I have forgotten how good the Navy men look in the whites and dress uniforms. :001_huh: My veteran hubby got out in '93 so I haven't seen it in awhile. I am sure these videos would give him a bad case of nostalgia.