Menu

fish sticks

Put them in your dog's bowl! He'll be thrilled! :D Sorry--- not a fan!

BUT if I had to choose, I'd try and do some kind of fish tacos. That does sound sort of yummy!

astrid

This is funny! My first thought was: Toss 'em out, then rummage through the pantry and throw a bunch of stuff in a pot and call it soup.

Sorry, no help here. My dc hate fish sticks. Me? I have a weakness for McD's Filet-o-fish, which I get once every couple of years. Other than that we don't have fish sticks. I'd be the only one eating them and then I'd be, well, even huger than I am now!

Cinder

My dc LOVE them. I never make stuff like that - I cook from scratch all of the time. Then, I pull out a box of fish sticks and there are big woo-hoos! :tongue_smilie:

Anyway, we had them with honey-mustard, green beans, and rice. It was fine.

Isn't "I never make stuff like that" enough to make them exciting from time to time? :) I will occasionally buy my kids a box of Trader Joe's fish sticks and we'll eat them for a quick lunch during the school day. I do nothing to try to make them "exciting". I don't think there's anything you *can* do, lol. But the novelty (we serve 'em with ketchup! another once-in-a-blue-moon food at our house) makes up for the fact that it's "just fish sticks" (and usually carrot sticks and grapes too). ;) I say revel in the tv-dinner-ness of it all. ;)

LOL - I hear ya. I don't do Hamburger Helper. or Pop Tarts. BUT, once a year, I go to a homeschooling convention for a weekend and leave them with dad and boxes of Hamburger Helper. They are over. the. moon. And for Christmas, the kids look forward to a box of pop tarts under the tree. Forget the breakfast casserole that mom slaved over the night before - lol! - we have bleached, enriched flour full of corn syrup! :D

...Forget the breakfast casserole that mom slaved over the night before - lol! - we have bleached, enriched flour full of corn syrup! :D

Lol! See, this is how my kids feel about breakfasts at my parents' house. It's the one place they get to have Lucky Charms, so even though my dad will make them fresh, from scratch pancakes or french toast or johnnycakes, etc, what they *Really* want is that nasty, nasty, nasty cereal. ;) And, you know, it's maybe two weeks out of the year. So whatever. ;) (I find it hilarious -- my parents would *never* buy us that cereal as kids...)

My picky eater is simply delighted just to get the chance to eat a fishstick, instead of the healthier stuff I'm always trying to foist on him.

But if I were to liven it up, we'd have fishstick sandwiches or tacos, as has already been suggested. (My picky eater would HATE it if I messed with his fishsticks like that, though.)