Menu

BJU DVD's

EarleneW

We are using these for our 7th grade son. Everything came last night and I dove into the orientation's and the MOM Minutes, etc. He started today and so far so good. Though some of the DVD's are a bit dated they present the material in a good way from what we have seen. Here's to a good year with them I hope!

After 7 years of homeschooling with unit studies/literature/classical approach, I am one tired and burned out mamma. I just want to be a wife and mom without all the responsibility of educating my dc right now. So, dh and I decided it was either send them to school or use BJU DVD's. We decided on the DVD's a week ago and I picked them up yesterday. I, too, have been watching the orientations and some of the lessons to get a feel for how long each lesson is. I've never been a boxed curriculum gal, so I'm a bit nervous. We'll start Monday so I'll do my best to report back periodically on our progress. I pray that this gives me the break that I need and that my kids will grow in ways that I didn't even expect!

Blessings,

Jennifer

We used BJU DVDs for a few years, but last year, I decided that we needed a change and I tried to get all creative and innovative with our curriculum.

It was a ton of work, and while I think ds learned enough, it was a real nuisance trying to get him to do all of his work every day (and we're not talking about more than a few hours worth in total each day.)

So this year, we're back to BJU. There's something about those DVDs that lets my ds know that he has to watch each of the subjects every day, and he can't argue with the video teacher or ask for a shorter school day, like he does with me. :glare: Well, he can still ask me, but it's easier to say no, when there are 165 lessons for the year (or whatever,) and he knows he has to finish them before summer vacation starts. Something about those DVDs makes the whole "school" thing seem more real, if that makes any sense.

I like the DVDs, because I know that ds is covering all of the material he needs for each subject, while when I design my own curriculum, I have little nagging doubts about what we're missing.

Cat

Dd is using the 7th grade Life science online. She hadn't had any life science in almost 2 years, so we chose it instead of 8th grade. She is really enjoying it. We are definitely considering online for high school science. Online is $100 cheaper per subject than the dvd program.

We chose the DVDs because we wanted the complete grade level program, and it's easier for us to use the DVDs -- mainly because we've always used them, I guess! They are also great for travel; the online option sounds great for travel, but hotel online networks aren't always as secure as I would like, so the DVDs are a better fit for us.

Cat