Menu

7th grade math/pre-algebra for non mathy student (or parent)

Susan in TN

My 6th grader is doing SIngapore 6 this year and I'm looking ahead to suggestions for 7th grade. She really struggles to remember basic functions and "formulas".

I'm wondering if it would be best to spend a great deal of time drilling, or if there is a curriculum that would help her understand the concepts better and prepare for algebra.

My 6th grader is doing SIngapore 6 this year and I'm looking ahead to suggestions for 7th grade. She really struggles to remember basic functions and "formulas".

I'm wondering if it would be best to spend a great deal of time drilling, or if there is a curriculum that would help her understand the concepts better and prepare for algebra.

It probably depends on the child, but I am going to have my oldest move into Kinetic Books Pre-Algebra. I think it will help stuff like this stick because of the practical application aspect of the program.

Singapore math has a combined Pre-Algebra/Algebra/Geometry program, so if you still wanted to do Singapore she would probably still cover it all again. How much is the question, and I would ask Jenny over on the Singapore math forums if you wanted that answered.

Heather