Menu

Has anyone started Traditional Logic with your 7th grader yet?

Brenda in FL

I am so unsure about starting this!! And I am wondering how it's going with your seventh graders - do they like it? Is it as difficult as it looks? I really respect Regena's opinions and I can't forget that she thinks its best for high school.

We still have some of Critical Thinking Book 2 to finish. After that, I'll bring out the TL 1 book. If it makes him cry, then I can always back down!!

Colleen in NS - have you started it???

I know the website says it can be used for as young as 7th, but from all the information I've read about it, I thought it was more appropriate for high school. Dd is doing Fallacy Detective right now. I might have her do Thinking Toolbox this year and move into TL in 9th grade or even save it for 10th.

My oldest was in 7th last year, and he and friend did Trad. Logic. They both really liked it, and what they learned came up often in dinner time discussions, so I know they were understanding it. They are going to start Trad. Logic II together in a few weeks. I have heard that gets hard and deep pretty fast, so we'll see how it goes.

My oldest was in 7th last year, and he and friend did Trad. Logic. They both really liked it, and what they learned came up often in dinner time discussions, so I know they were understanding it. They are going to start Trad. Logic II together in a few weeks. I have heard that gets hard and deep pretty fast, so we'll see how it goes.

That's good to hear!! How did you structure them doing it together?