Menu

ISO: Roasted root recipe

I simply toss with some olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. I roast in a 425 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. Once they are at a crispness level I like I serve them up. I serve them with everything. Fish, beef, chicken, pasta, as a meal in itself (okay, only I do that but it makes a good meal).

I simply toss with some olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. I roast in a 425 degree oven for 20-30 minutes. Once they are at a crispness level I like I serve them up. I serve them with everything. Fish, beef, chicken, pasta, as a meal in itself (okay, only I do that but it makes a good meal).

I pretty much do the same thing. I switch up the spices sometimes- just grab whatever smells good. Sometimes, when they are all roasted, I like to mash them all together. Yummmmmmy!

Oh, and I served this once with pumpkin soup and crusty 7 grain bread- so delicious! It was a perfect fall meal.

See, I would love that as a meal. I would probably have pears to finish it off or a side salad.

But, I am feeding all guys. Mind you, my husband doesn't need meat at every meal, and he's really not that picky, but I still wonder how to pull something like this off.

We have baked potato night with salad sometimes. I serve all sorts of toppings, and that goes over well.

With the carbs of potatoes, you might enjoy a protein. Sweet potatoes go well with foods like avocado and black beans. So....I am thinking Mexican. :D Which is my fav...lol

I'm thinking Black Bean Burritos

Rice

(If it's still corn season where you are, you could add corn on the cob)

Mash some avo with cumin & lemon juice and plop on top

You can also use plain yogurt instead of sour cream. It's lovely with the spice of cumin etc.

Sweet potatoes baked as french fries & rubbed with a litte olive oil, then sprinkled with cayenne pepper is nice, too. If it's too hot to bake in the oven, you can boil up the potatoes halves first then finish on grill outside.

Rosemary is also really good with a mix of roasted root vegetables! My base is olive oil, fresh cracked pepper and a smidge of salt then I add whichever herb works best with the rest of the meal: oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, etc. Sometimes I only use garlic and/or onion instead of an herb.

I make a soup using roasted veg and chicken and whole wheat pasta. It's a Cooking Light recipe called Roasted Vegetable-Rosemary Chicken Soup. I've only had one cup of coffee so I'm not going to attempt finding the link on the CL website... :)

As predominant vegetarians, roasted root vegies are a frequent meal. I just chop them all to a fairly equal size, sprinkle with sea salt and then throw in some garlic cloves and some sprigs of rosemary from my garden.

I often serve this just with salad.