Menu

Has anyone used The Frances Study Guide?

BatmansWife

I am going to be trying Valarie Bendt's Reading Made Easy. While at her website, I stumbled upon The Frances Study Guide. It looks cute. The books are a little cheaper at Rainbow. I have some of the Frances books already, but we've never really gotten around to reading them yet.....which I think is good since it will be like reading new stories. I'm just wondering if it was enjoyable and worth it, or was it just silly busy work.

http://www.valeriebendt.com/TheFrancesStudyGuide.aspx

but I remember that it was so cute - the littlest of kids can use it (there was a picture "word" search in it - I'd never seen one before and my 2yo could do it. I remember that we all loved the Frances books and the kids were all happy to do the unit study (we moved on to FIAR afterwards). You do have to read the books in order as Frances grows up through them. My kids were 2-4 when we did it, I don't remember thinking it was busywork - is anything at that age?

My kids were 2-4 when we did it, I don't remember thinking it was busywork - is anything at that age?

Thank you for your reply. No...probably not much is busywork for a 2 - 4 year old. But....I am thinking of getting this for my 6 year old who is finishing up K...so I was worried it would be too babyish (which would then amount to busywork for her). There doesn't seem to be an age range at the website. But, at Rainbow the Frances books and the study guide say preK-3. Soooo.....I think we might be good. :001_smile:

the example pages at the website you posted are pretty representative, and I remember having to go to Staples and photocopy some 11x17 paper that had puzzles on it. I think it might be a little lame for a 1st grader, but the books would still be wonderful, and the guide is not expensive.