Menu

For all You Microscope Buyers~~~

I found a SUPERB deal on an awesome HUGH quality microscope!

amscope.com (same people who make Nikon cameras, and other high quality stuff)

After almost earning a degree in microscope research :lol:, I desided on the 40X-1000X Binocular Biological Michroscope w/ mechanical stage. (model: B100-MS)

Here are the details

It is $169.00 + I paid $16.83 for UPS Ground.

I know DD will not NEED this high of magnification, however, she will need it later, as she wants to be a vet.... So, hopefully, money well spent. Plus, I have two boys who will be using the scope soon enough!

Hope this helps someone! :001_smile:

• 4 weeks later...

I am glad you posted this Pam. I think a lot of people are overlooking this company. I got the binocular 1600 scope for $189. I also bought the homeschooling slide set. I really feel that it is great microscope for the price. I also did not want to spend money now on an elementary scope then end up later buying another for high school and college. I hope this one will last all the way through!

I found a SUPERB deal on an awesome HUGH quality microscope!

After almost earning a degree in microscope research :lol:, I desided on the 40X-1000X Binocular Biological Michroscope w/ mechanical stage. (model: B100-MS)

Here are the details

It is $169.00 + I paid $16.83 for UPS Ground.

I know DD will not NEED this high of magnification, however, she will need it later, as she wants to be a vet.... So, hopefully, money well spent. Plus, I have two boys who will be using the scope soon enough!

Hope this helps someone! :001_smile:

Just to clarify, Amscope doesn't make Nikon cameras; the Amscope microscopes are made by factories that also make optical components for Nikon, Leica, Olympus, etc. (E.g., that might be a factory in China that makes lenses for dozens of different companies.)

I didn't get our microscopes from Amscope, but I did buy one of their large biological slide sets (200 slides in 2 nice wooden cases for under $100), and they are very high quality. Their service was great, too.

Jackie

• 2 months later...

I just bought the same one with up to 2000X on ebay from the same vendor for $195.00. They offer free shipping on ebay. It may save you about $17.00. I used up to 1000X to see immune cells, it was all I had in college. I remember I wished to have more than 1000X. So, I got 2000X now. Hope it will come for Christmas present. My daughter going scientific now - she asked Santa for microscope and telescope. Lena