Menu

Beachbody workouts

Has anyone used any of the Beachbody workouts? Are they really better then the cheaper videos you find at Wal-Mart and Target? I'm looking at Brazilian Butt Lift and Hip Hop Abs. Any reviews?

I have used several Beachbody workouts over the years, although not the two you mentioned. I have found that the best workout is the one that you will actually use, and that price has very little to do with the quality of the workout.

Have you done other workouts that you've enjoyed? If you have, please let us know which instructors you liked or didn't like, as well as what types of workouts you're looking for, and I'm sure several of us will chime in with recommendations!

You can also check out Videofitness.com for tons of info about all kinds of workouts. There are several forums, as well as lots of reviews. You can also view clips of different workouts, as well as read reviews at Collagevideo.com.

Cat

I've used Beach Body for the last 6 months. I've done Brazilian Butt Lift once and it is a workout, but I couldn't stop laughing at the instructor. I bought some workout videos from Amazon once and the reviews there were really helpful.

BeachBody are THE best workouts. However, I'd highly suggest getting them used, not new. They are REALLY expensive new.

Two warnings if you do buy new:

1) Be VERY sure exactly what you say yes and no to if you call. As both a consumer and one who took the orders, this is very important.

2) Customer service is a little rough. For example, you are not likely to get your videos in 5 or 7 days.

I LOVE my Brazil Butt Lift workout. It's fun, challenging, keeps my interest and really works well!! So, two thumbs up for me!!

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kiddos for 16 years

OK, but we want to know HOW well. It's next on my list to do.

Do you think you could describe the workouts?

BeachBody are THE best workouts. However, I'd highly suggest getting them used, not new. They are REALLY expensive new.

Two warnings if you do buy new:

1) Be VERY sure exactly what you say yes and no to if you call. As both a consumer and one who took the orders, this is very important.

2) Customer service is a little rough. For example, you are not likely to get your videos in 5 or 7 days.

Any suggestions where to find them used?

OK, but we want to know HOW well. It's next on my list to do.

Do you think you could describe the workouts?

Ok, I'll try. There are 6 different workouts. Two serious cardio. One lower body strength and toning. One tummy workout. One all over strength training. There is also a "training" workout to teach you the basic moves you'll be using and a bonus workout....similar to one of the cardio ones.

The teacher has a HEAVY Brazilian accent, so sometimes he's a little hard to understand, but he makes up for it in enthusiasm.

I like it because it's fun. The workouts are shot in a studio and on a beach in Rio, and the outdoor beach scenes are really nice for some atmosphere. The girls (and one or two token men) he has working out with him are enthusiastic and very smiley. They really keep the energy up. And, I love the cardio workouts. They're dance moves and their fun. No Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred drill sargeant here!! (I also have that workout and use it, but she drives me batty!!)

I also like that all the videos have a counter along the bottom of the screen telling you EXACTLY how much time you have left for any given move (keeps me going during the leg lifts) and how much time is left in the overall workout.

The package also comes with a well written guide and schedule for using the program and a really sensible and easy diet plan.

Overall, it is one of my favorite workouts ever, because it is the total package. You honestly don't need anything else....unless you get tired of the dancing. And.....it REALLY does shape your butt!!! :D

Diane W.

married for 22 years

homeschooling 3 kiddos for 16 years