Menu

Yet ANOTHER 30 Day Shred Question........

and I am not talking about paper (in case Daisy is reading this ;)).:D

I just did it for the first time - I am impressed with it -- muscles have memory and I can feel them tripping, falling and crawling down memory lane.

QUESTION: Which would you recommend?

1) Doing Level 1 again tomorrow - as much as I can even with soreness and lack of endurance (which I am assuming is going to be the case)

2) Doing something else tomorrow - I have Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds - (I thought I would just put the pounds in a lovely Bloomingdale's shopping bag and walk them to the curb) and go back to the shred on Thursday.

I am a masochist when I am working out but I also tend to do too much too soon and then I am wiped.:svengo:

Thanks

I think she intends for it to be a daily routine for the first 30 days. It does get easier....but, then you have to move up a level. The results are pretty great and come relatively quickly:)

:iagree:.....definitely agree. It is a brutal 20 minutes. Thanks, though, I will do it again tomorrow.

:iagree:.....definitely agree. It is a brutal 20 minutes. Thanks, though, I will do it again tomorrow.

When the 20 minutes stops feeling so brutal it's time to move up to the next level.

I didn't even make it through the full 20 minutes of level 1 the first time I did it. I got really lazy during my pregnancy, between morning sickness and being tired all the time I got really out of shape.

When the 20 minutes stops feeling so brutal it's time to move up to the next level.

I didn't even make it through the full 20 minutes of level 1 the first time I did it. I got really lazy during my pregnancy, between morning sickness and being tired all the time I got really out of shape.

I have decided that I HATE jumping jacks! I cannot imagine what Level 2 is like!

I did it 7 days straight and quit. That was 4 days ago. I have come to hate it. I want to finish it, I usually finish what I started, but not this. I vote to do something different every couple days. Give yourself a day when you can do something else. Otherwise, it gets old and irritating very fast. Now I need to find that something else for me!

I did it 7 days straight and quit. That was 4 days ago. I have come to hate it. I want to finish it, I usually finish what I started, but not this. I vote to do something different every couple days. Give yourself a day when you can do something else. Otherwise, it gets old and irritating very fast. Now I need to find that something else for me!

Do you have a way to do 2 things at once? I can put a DVD on my computer, which I can see while the TV is on, as well as a portable DVD I can put by a different TV if I'm in another room, so I can follow along without getting bored with the same words/music being fed to me over and over again. I put on something mindless on the TV - like a dumb sitcom, then I work out, glancing at the muted DVD playing on the computer now and then.

That's the only thing that works if I'm going to stick with something redundant.

Now to go back to practicing what I preach. :blushing:

Do you have a way to do 2 things at once? I can put a DVD on my computer, which I can see while the TV is on, as well as a portable DVD I can put by a different TV if I'm in another room, so I can follow along without getting bored with the same words/music being fed to me over and over again. I put on something mindless on the TV - like a dumb sitcom, then I work out, glancing at the muted DVD playing on the computer now and then.

That's the only thing that works if I'm going to stick with something redundant.

Now to go back to practicing what I preach. :blushing:

I've thought about doing that. I need to get over my annoyance and get back to it. My clothes are fitting too snug....

How can you possibly be doing shred when your DS is sick with Lyme's disease? Your LAX tryouts and practices are coming up and the Hummer needs to be detailed? Get your priorities straight.

You are SO funny! Because if I don't, the NFL is going to call me and ask if I wanted GOODYEAR painted on me and they are going to have me do the aerial shots of this season's games.:glare:

At least give me aheads up when you are going to start a program so I can think about doing it too.

I WANT to start running again -- I cannot with this weight -- here you go: HEADS UP! YOU CANNOT do this with Lyme's! DS9 kept asking me if I was okay and if he needed to get me water.:lol: Seriously, the fact that it is 20 minutes is great. And, if I run or do the elliptical, I DO NOt to strength training, and Shred does so it covers all the bases.

Haha....seriously, I never realized how awful jumping jacks were until Jillian forced them on me!! It makes the ab work feel like break time:)

I was SO happy when she would stop the jumping jacks and say it was time to lie on my back on the floor.:lol:

I have done the workout 5 days straight and my jumping jacks were much easier yesterday and today. It does get better.

The pushups kill me:tongue_smilie:

YOU will be my inspiration! And, thanks. This is encouraging. I managed 3 push ups -- I was amazed I could do THAT many.

I am still on level one, maybe like 2 weeks in? but I only do it every other day.

I am going to do it until I can get through it all without stopping, including those DARN push ups and then I will go torture myself in level 2. I refuse to do it everyday. :)

I am cheering you on!!!!!:D

I did read your thread - you cannot do something that you hate......that's for sure. I know that I will not do 7 days straight. I find it helps if I say nasty things to her.......and to be honest, she doesn't really bother me, but when I feel like I am going to cough up a lung, I have to answer her!:D

I have decided that I HATE jumping jacks! I cannot imagine what Level 2 is like!

I actually liked level 2 much better :-). Hated the jumping jacks. I was going quit with Level 1 and then I tried level 2. I still quit, but that's because I came down with a nasty cold and didnt' get back to it. Really need to do it -- I'm heading to the beach 1 month from tomorrow so maybe that will be incentive.

I actually liked level 2 much better :-). Hated the jumping jacks. I was going quit with Level 1 and then I tried level 2. I still quit, but that's because I came down with a nasty cold and didnt' get back to it. Really need to do it -- I'm heading to the beach 1 month from tomorrow so maybe that will be incentive.

So level 2 doesn't have all the jumping jacks? I had no idea.... I hadn't looked at it yet. I'll have to dig my cd back out and try level 2. My bladder jsut wont take all the jumping. Have to stop and pee after every round.