Menu

Is there anything that works to get rid of age spots?

Well, the cosmetics cop lady, Paula Begoun, gives great advice and sunscreen as you're doing (in fact, she adds: I have found that using a sunscreen with only titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the active ingredients has the most impressive results. The difference in my face, arms, and hands has been significant ever since I made that change several years ago.) plus a lotion/cream with hydroquinone are her recommendations! There are plenty out there. I used a skin lightener with hydroquinone from Avon once that was inexpensive and effective (not for age spots, however) so you don't have to spend an arm and a leg, either.

A mask of frothy egg-white and lemon juice. It's watery, and will tighten up after you apply, but it works, for a number of things.

If you have an aversion to egg-whites, use honey with lemon juice. Honey will moisturize, lemon will lighten skin color. If you want a pore cleaner, add baking soda to warm honey *moments before you apply*, with a little lemon.