Menu

I Filed My Last Subject! I'm Done!!!

Homeschooling6

I know you all are probably tired of hearing about filing but I'm so excited. Yesterday I filed my last subject. I started Aug 4th. It has taken weeks of working around lunch and dinner. We have a small kitchen so we've been walking around crates here for weeks but it's done!

I filed by subjects and lessons or chapter instead of weeks. I would take one subject, take apart the workbook (I didn't take all of them apart but most) make all my copies, lay everything out, work my way through the teacher guide and paper clip everything together.

Here's my Filing Adventure post.

Anyway, thanks for reading :D

Guest aquiverfull

:hurray: YAY Linda! It looks fabulous, all nicely organized!! All that hard work will surely pay off in huge dividends as the year goes by. :)

Thanks ladies, you all should have seen me. I have been rolling around or should I say sliding. I have one of those office chairs on wheels. So here I am rolling all around the kitchen in my black office chair.

What I didn't file where things like cotton balls and such. I still plan to fill in our planners weekly and at that time I'll collect that stuff.

It feels so good to be done. Now to get my house back in order and start on their binders:001_smile:

that is a massive undertaking. i would have to be taken to the undertaker if i undertook that. i can't even wrap my head around the concept.

You know, Kelly, this is something I have been wanting to do for years. When I saw the filing thread it inspired me to make this my year. Although I didn't venture to read the filing thread it got my juices flowing as they say;)

I did a whole lot of praying and bouncing things off my sweet hubby. All the while I was deciding what books to take apart.

God has really seen me through. He gave me the idea to label all the pencils, glue sticks etc. the idea to use their backpacks as a place to store any school books and supplies. It's just been one thing after another and I'm so happy to see it all coming together (I'm still scared about teaching six kiddos though :001_huh:)

I haven't fully wrapped my brain around the weekly filing, cause all it would take is one unexpected dr. visit or spur of the moment mini vacation to mess up all those weeks, so this is why I decided to file by subjects and lessons.

You know, Kelly, this is something I have been wanting to do for years. When I saw the filing thread it inspired me to make this my year. Although I didn't venture to read the filing thread it got my juices flowing as they say;)

I did a whole lot of praying and bouncing things off my sweet hubby. All the while I was deciding what books to take apart.

God has really seen me through. He gave me the idea to label all the pencils, glue sticks etc. the idea to use their backpacks as a place to store any school books and supplies. It's just been one thing after another and I'm so happy to see it all coming together (I'm still scared about teaching six kiddos though :001_huh:)

I haven't fully wrapped my brain around the weekly filing, cause all it would take is one unexpected dr. visit or spur of the moment mini vacation to mess up all those weeks, so this is why I decided to file by subjects and lessons.

I know you can do it! You are a caring, loving, intelligent, courageous, intuitive, encouraging and hard working woman --- and you have Christ who strengthens you. This will be an amazing year and all this labor will pay off dutifully for the benefit of your family!

So excited for you! I am looking forward to reading your blog posts about school.

I know you can do it! You are a caring, loving, intelligent, courageous, intuitive, encouraging and hard working woman --- and you have Christ who strengthens you. This will be an amazing year and all this labor will pay off dutifully for the benefit of your family!

So excited for you! I am looking forward to reading your blog posts about school.

Thanks Tina :) I'm hoping to have my crate and filing box next to me at the table. With my table top white board (hopefully we'll get a bigger hanging one later) and call each student one by one to my um, desk :D for their 30 minutes of tutoring. Annette and I are going to make muffins for a quick semi healthy snack ;)

I'm excited but scared :001_huh:

Good job!!! That is quite an accomplishment! I'm not there yet, but I have set my goal to be all organized and filed by the end of the sixth week. I switched to Sonlight at the last minute for my little girl, so there was really no way for me to have it all done before I started. I am proud of my progress, though. I'm already more organized than I've ever been with homeschooling (this is our 4th year). I think my son doesn't like me to be so organized though, he doesn't have as much time to be off task while I am looking for something, bummer for him...;)

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Good job!!! That is quite an accomplishment! I'm not there yet, but I have set my goal to be all organized and filed by the end of the sixth week. I switched to Sonlight at the last minute for my little girl, so there was really no way for me to have it all done before I started. I am proud of my progress, though. I'm already more organized than I've ever been with homeschooling (this is our 4th year). I think my son doesn't like me to be so organized though, he doesn't have as much time to be off task while I am looking for something, bummer for him...;)

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Great Job Shannon!!!! Keep on filing :D it feels so nice once you're done.