Menu

I guess it's official (female content)

My dd has entered puberty. She started her second period yesterday. I feel so bad for her, she had cramps yesterday and now again today. She's curled up with a warm cornbag on her tummy, reading Dewey. She took a motrin, too, and between the two, she seems to be feeling a bit better.

Her daddy promised to bring her chocolate after work. That got a smile. :D

I found that naproxen (Aleve) was much more effective for menstrual cramps than Motrin or Tylenol. The prescription strength naproxen (Anaprox) truly change my life. I am normally a natural-remedies-only person, but naproxen was the ONLY thing that kept me from feeling like I was dying once a month.

Jackie

I found that naproxen (Aleve) was much more effective for menstrual cramps than Motrin or Tylenol. The prescription strength naproxen (Anaprox) truly change my life. I am normally a natural-remedies-only person, but naproxen was the ONLY thing that kept me from feeling like I was dying once a month.

Jackie

I could only survive each month by using Anaprox as well......then when I was 40yo I found out I'd been living with endometriosis all my life! And, at 40yo I was at stage 4 and required immediate surgery.

I was always told (my drs and my mother) that you should just expect a lot of pain each month and to take meds to deal with it. How I wish someone had said 'that' much pain was not normal and checked me.

I know this might sound crazy, but in our family we celebrate. I don't know how it started but when my daughter had her period, my mom, me, and my SIL took her out for ice cream and talked about how wonderful it is to be a woman.

It is just another take on how much complaining we all do. I hate it too btw, but I wanted her not to feel shame or isolation and we as older women talked about the crazy things we thought when we were younger. Like not being able to go swimming, or worry about odor, how our bodies let us know ahead of time. Things like that and now the tradition has continued.

Motrin or Midol and curling up in bed was how I handled things as a teen. I frequently had one day a month that I was bedridden. When I stopped using tampons things improved dramatically. As a teen I used Insteads. Now I use cloth pads and a menstrual cup, which makes things better symptom-wise.

Chocolate is always good, though. ;)

I found that naproxen (Aleve) was much more effective for menstrual cramps than Motrin or Tylenol. The prescription strength naproxen (Anaprox) truly change my life.

Jackie

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I beleive that 2 OTC naproxyn equal the Anaprox. It is a FABULOUS drug!!!