Menu

First Language Lessons - Which Level to Start With?

Mandi in Ohio

We are starting FLL with our 2nd Grader this year and I'm not sure which level she should start on? I saw that the FLL 1 & 2 is sold out on TWTM website so I was hunting online for a used one. I see most of them are the older editions which are either level 1 or level 2 and I'm not sure which one she would need? She has had Abeka k5 and 1st before so if that helps figure out what level she would need?

Thanks!

Mandi

Here are the samples from the PDF versions:

Level 1

Level 2

Maybe looking at the Tables of Contents will help you decide. We are almost done with Level 1. It includes nouns, pronouns, verbs, abbreviations, seasons, dates, and types of sentences. It looks to me like most of these are reviewed or expanded upon in level 2.

I have a second grader who also did ABeka K and 1. I have the FLL levels 1&2 combined book, and my plan was to do all of it this year. It's 200 lesson altogether, and I put together a schedule so that we could get it all done in about 165 school days (planning to double up on some of the lessons early in the book). We are now 2 weeks into school, and I am moving at a much faster rate that I intended. FLL lessons 1-100 (1st grade) seems too slow and repetitive (for a second grader). If FLL 2 reviews all the parts of speech, then I would just use that and skip level 1.