Menu

I finally got some Pampered Chef stoneware--now what do I do with them?

I was at our local Goodwill yesterday after dropping off a bunch of stuff. This place is normally a desert in terms of deals, but I happened across two never-used pieces of PC stoneware for $10 each! :hurray: I've been wanting some stoneware for the years but just couldn't justify the price, so I'm terribly excited :D I got a 9-inch baker and a large bar pan.

Now, what do I do with them? Do I season them first, like I would with new cast iron? I know I'm not supposed to use any kind of soap on them, but that's pretty much all I know. My friend's bar pans are good and black by now. How do I get mine that way?

TIA!

Years ago, (when i was preggo with my ds who will soon be a sophomore in HS!!) we told customers to bake crescent rolls.

I'd have to look for it, but there used to be a PC recipe for the 9 inch with crescent rolls and eggs and sausage...it was awesome.

For the bar pan, you can make a pastry type dish or an appetizer w/ crescents as the base.

LMK if you'd like recipes and I can look.

The first time you use it bake something with a high fat content-such as crescent rolls. It will season as you go.

I <3 my stoneware. I make everything on it. Chicken, fish, cookies, pizza, etc. You can also use it on the grill and the microwave.

I didn't bother with the high-fat item. I just used them...and used them a lot! Mine are all black and beautiful now. Cookies are a good way to use them, as well. You have to really be awful to burn cookies with them. But cookies have a good high fat content as well. I use the pizza stone for cookies. Brownies are good for the 9" pan.

Cookies don't do as well on the bar pan because of the lip, but you can still do it! I love my pizza stone! it's one of my most-used items.

Just cook something greasy -- tator tots, chicken nuggets . . . This would be a good reason to justify eating that stuff. Probably once would be enough. I absolutely love my bar pan -- it's replaced my cookie sheets. I use it for everything! Good for you to get them so cheap!

I bought the stoneware muffin pan and had the same question. I was told to make meatloaf in it. I thought it sounded really weird, but I tried it anyway, and it worked great. (And it was handy to have the individual portions of meatloaf in the freezer to take out and thaw as needed.)

I've seen someone cook ground beef in the bar pan, too. She pressed the meat into the pan, making one giant slab, filling the whole thing like you would if you were making bar cookies. She baked it and then cut it up and put it on little buns to make "sliders." Try it!

As others have said, do something greasy--freezer fries, tator tots, hash browns, etc. work great. I use my bar pans to make deep dish pizza at least once a week; it is a family favorite, even my picky father in law requests it when he visits. :) I also got rid of my metal cookie sheets; my youngest uses them for her magnetic letters.

Edited by Zoo Keeper

:iagree:

I didn't bother with the high-fat item. I just used them...and used them a lot! Mine are all black and beautiful now. Cookies are a good way to use them, as well. You have to really be awful to burn cookies with them. But cookies have a good high fat content as well. I use the pizza stone for cookies. Brownies are good for the 9" pan.

Cookies don't do as well on the bar pan because of the lip, but you can still do it! I love my pizza stone! it's one of my most-used items.

OK, so for those of you who said I should just go ahead and start using them, does stuff stick to them? Do I butter or oil them before I put anything in them? I'm thinking of both cookies and pizza. Do I need to butter the pan before I put cookies on it? Oil before I put pizza crust in it? Would I need to butter them before I put something like crescent rolls in them?

Thank you again! I'm just dying to start using them, and DD7 wants to make something today that would be perfect in the 9-inch baker :D

Here's what you don't do ;-) Don't move to Germany where the kitchens are so tiny that you only have two cabinets under the counters. And don't stack everything humanly possible - including your brand new PC stoneware - in said cabinets. And certainly don't open the door of the cabinet - you know, the one where your new stoneware is - without 15 arms ready to catch all of your stuff as it slides out...onto your TILE floor. Bye-Bye, PC pie plate. It was nice baking that one chicken pot pie in you in you. And Bye-Bye, bundt pan. Monkey bread probably would have been divine baked in you...

On a lighter note - enjoy your PC!!! You got a great deal!!!

Here's what you don't do ;-) Don't move to Germany where the kitchens are so tiny that you only have two cabinets under the counters. And don't stack everything humanly possible - including your brand new PC stoneware - in said cabinets. And certainly don't open the door of the cabinet - you know, the one where your new stoneware is - without 15 arms ready to catch all of your stuff as it slides out...onto your TILE floor. Bye-Bye, PC pie plate. It was nice baking that one chicken pot pie in you in you. And Bye-Bye, bundt pan. Monkey bread probably would have been divine baked in you...

On a lighter note - enjoy your PC!!! You got a great deal!!!

Oh no!!! :lol: (but really :() That's heartbreaking! I took it out of the car this morning and DD4 came over and started touching the boxes. I was all, "Leave that alone!!!" I know I'd never find it at that price again!