Menu

SOS history - is it really worth it?

Maurrean

I'm considering getting the History cd for 3rd grade, but i'm wondering.. is it really worth it?

It's hard to beleive that a single CD could be worth nearly $80, or that one CD could provide an entire years worth of history curriculum. I would be wanting to use it as the single source of curriculum - especially at that price.

On the videos i've watched showing how the CD works, it doesn't seem all that impressive.

I have a 3rd grader, and we really want to learn about early American history.

What do you guys think?

Guest momk2000

We tried SOS one year (grade 3) for Math and Language Arts (have not used the History). Dd did not like SOS at all. I'm sure SOS is a good fit for some, but it just was not for us. After a couple of weeks with SOS, we ended up switching to an alternative for both subjects.

I can tell you what dd loved for Early American History. We used MFW Adventures, and it was a big hit with both dd and myself. She enjoyed learning with it and I enjoyed teaching it. As a bonus, she has also retained much of what she learned with MFW Adv. :001_smile: