Menu

Awful stomach virus, is it going around?

My mother, brother, and I seem to have an awful stomach virus. It is gradually getting better but my mother even went to her doctor to get further tests because she felt so horrible. After hearing about my brother and I she realizes it's probably a virus. My stomach hurt so bad I felt like I might die. Major reflux feeling. I have had acid reflux before but nothing like this. I have been eating rice, chicken and chicken rice soup for a week now and am recovering but not 100 percent yet. Anyone else hear of these symptoms anywhere? We do eat eggs but we are not using the brands that were recalled and are not in a state affected by the recall.

My stomach hurt so bad I felt like I might die. Major reflux feeling. I have had acid reflux before but nothing like this. I have been eating rice, chicken and chicken rice soup for a week now and am recovering but not 100 percent yet.

So sorry you're going through this... I had something similar two weeks ago - and just like you, I had NEVER experienced stomach pain quite so bad as with this bout. But mine didn't last quite that long - I was over it in about 3-4 days (my mom went through it a week before me, and she was over it in about 4 days as well).

Hope you feel better soon!

I'm sorry you are going through that!

My family had the same thing about 3 weeks ago. DD threw up once and said her tummy hurt. DS said his tummy hurt then threw up once. DH had the "s**ts" all day and tummy hurt, but no vomiting.

Then I get it. My tummy hurt (funny how I say tummy now that I have kids LOL) and I threw up once. I intended to feel better after that. I started to get ready to go do errands.... and I throw up again. We decide to go do some small running around, I go back home, and throw up again... In total I was incapacitated ALL freaking day!!! I didn't feel up to par for almost a week. DD had really bad gas the next day and would cry because of how bad her tummy hurt. We had to get her baby gas drops. MADE HER FART and she felt better!

But, the good thing out of all that is me being sick had triggered my SVT (heart issue) and I was wearing a heart monitor (rarely do people actually HAVE an episode while wearing it) so it was recorded and my issues are being taken care of!!

Feel better soon!

Sounds like what my friend had earlier this year. She was sick for so long and lost a bunch of weight. It went on for months, and she'd been seeing the doc during this time. What finally helped her were strong probiotics.

My neighbor was telling me you can get these over the counter at your pharmacy. She gets some every time her kids come down with a bug and it apparently works quite well.

Hope you're better soon.

Cinder