Menu

Substitute for "Dangerous Journey"

TXMary2

Does anyone know of a substitute book for "Dangerous Journey?" I can't seem to find this book at an affordable price - it is only used for 2 weeks and I don't want to pay $20 + for it! Is there a different version of Pilgrim's Progress that isn't a hard read??

I acutally want this for 14 yo ds....our library stinks and does not have it. :( I might just have to bite the bullet and pay $22 and hope it is worth it! I guess I will be saving it anyway for when younger ds needs it.

It's a picture book... A long-ish one, but still a picture book. I'm not sure I'd use it for a 14yo anyway -- seems more appropriate for elementary. There are several "modern English" versions of PP that might work fine -- unfortunately, I don't have personal experience with which is best. Perhaps post on the high school board?

How did you find that?? When I looked it up on Amazon it must have been the wrong one because the used ones were starting at $49 !!!
Always look in the "Formats" box. There is sometimes a little button with a plus sign on which will reveal more editions.

It's a picture book... A long-ish one, but still a picture book. I'm not sure I'd use it for a 14yo anyway -- seems more appropriate for elementary. There are several "modern English" versions of PP that might work fine -- unfortunately, I don't have personal experience with which is best. Perhaps post on the high school board?

I am using TOG and it is the literature choice for the D stage- which is where I am starting ds at until we become more seasoned with TOG. The way they are using it and the literature questions I think it will be just fine for him. :001_smile: