Menu

Anyone use A2 curriculum?

brewer13399

I was very disappointed at first. It wasn't quite what I thought it would be so my cd sat for 18 months. Also, I didn't want to have the internet on while using it, but the cd works better that way. I was having a really hard time opening documents and they wouldn't print AT ALL. Everything is straightened out now and we're using a lot of paper!

We have just started with it and am really looking forward to getting into it further.

I was disappointed that math wasn't included as part of the curriculum.

So that's extra $ to get Saxon or whatever your dc use.

I don't particularly care for there being no science curric or lit. recommendations, just a list for each grade in alphabetical order.

BUT, I do love all the philosophy materials, old McGuffey reader materials, interesting grammar materials (from the old days!) and another thing I didn't like was some of the literature for elementary.

My younger kids like the readers and it seems to be helping them a lot. It is so different than today's stuff.

I haven't found any racism yet, and hope I don't. These books are from 1800's to early 20th century.

There is a ton of stuff for copy work.

I'll try to answer any other questions you may have...:001_smile:

Edited by gingerh
corrections, removing an a from where it didn't belong

I was very disappointed at first. It wasn't quite what I thought it would be so my cd sat for 18 months. Also, I didn't want to have the internet on while using it, but the cd works better that way. I was having a really hard time opening documents and they wouldn't print AT ALL. Everything is straightened out now and we're using a lot of paper!

We have just started with it and am really looking forward to getting into it further.

I was disappointed that math wasn't included as part of the curriculum.

So that's extra $ to get Saxon or whatever your dc use.

I don't particularly care for there being no science curric or lit. recommendations, just a list for each grade in alphabetical order.

BUT, I do love all the philosophy materials, old McGuffey reader materials, interesting grammar materials (from the old days!) and another thing I didn't like was some of the literature for elementary.

My younger kids like the readers and it seems to be helping them a lot. It is so different than today's stuff.

I haven't found any racism yet, and hope I don't. These books are from 1800's to early 20th century.

There is a ton of stuff for copy work.

I'll try to answer any other questions you may have...:001_smile:

That helped a bunch. I am okay with the math not being included, I really like Saxon. I might just go ahead and get it, it sounds like it is a good list of material from what I have heard.

I found that I could get almost everything supplied by curriculum online for free! The layout and lists were not impressive. The copywork sections are Bible verses and good "quotes". Again, easy to find online and with online worksheet generators, I can use my own handwriting style to supply copywork. The phonics games and cards are nice though, but if I had to do again, I would not waste the money. Sometimes it is nice to pay to have everything in one place for you. In this case, I did not find it worth the money. And there is a no return policy!

That helped a bunch. I am okay with the math not being included, I really like Saxon. I might just go ahead and get it, it sounds like it is a good list of material from what I have heard.

Good, I just hope you're not disappointed. I am really glad I have it at this point in our hsing lives.

It takes some digging around on the cd to really find everything it contains. There is a forum for it also, which I haven't gotten into.

Just be really careful if you're printing both sides of the paper--watch the document numbers not the page numbers. I messed up a few times printing.:001_smile: