Menu

I got nutella.

Only marginally impressed. What should I put it on?

LOL I feel the same. My kids and family looooove Nutella and it has been a fave for years. We buy the large Costco sized jars in the 2 pack every couple of months. Me....eh, it is just okay.

LOL! I don't know! It tastes the same no matter what you put it on. Count me in the "meh" camp on Nutella. :tongue_smilie:

Can I join the "meh" camp? Admittedly, I crave savory over sweet 9 times out of 10, so other than once a month, chocolate isn't going to float my boat, but Nutella? Meh.

I guess that's good. More for those who enjoy it :D.

I once had a recipe for home-made chocolate-hazelnut spread, using cream, a fancy brand of chocolate, nuts, and I forget what else... it was so brilliantly good spread on toasted French bread with sliced peaches that I think we didn't eat anything else for several days. I can't find the recipe and have searched epicurious and the internet, finding several that come close but none that replace that Ur-spread. Commercial Nutella bears NO resemblance whatever.

Does anyone else have a fantastic recipe for homemade to assuage my grief?

DD came home from a friend's singing the praises of nutella. She'd had some on croissants, and asked me to get some. Now she mostly has it on graham crackers or apple slices.

I was relieved to find out I don't care for the stuff myself. She's got a serious addiction starting, though!

a WONDERFUL chocolate cake mix with a jar of nutella (half in the middle of the cake mix and the rest poured over the hot cake after done)......the only way I eat the stuff but oh my the calories and chocolate fix (it calls for chocolate chips too.....if I find it, I will post it. I quit making it after the pounds started to add up :ack2:

My favorite thing to eat Nutella on is a spoon, but I also enjoy it on toast, graham crackers, really anything. But of course, you all knew that. :)

ETA: The one thing I will never eat Nutella on is a bacon sandwich!! I mean, really, is nothing sacred????????? ;)

My favorite thing to eat Nutella on is a spoon, but I also enjoy it on toast, graham crackers, really anything. But of course, you all knew that. :)

ETA: The one thing I will never eat Nutella on is a bacon sandwich!! I mean, really, is nothing sacred????????? ;)

Nope, nothing IS sacred. Why, I'd slap Nutella right onto a pig's butt and take a bite! :lol: :tongue_smilie:

I'll admit I was curious about Nutella. Went to buy it and read the label before putting in in the cart:

INGREDIENTS:

Sugar, peanut oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals, whey, partially hydrogenated peanut oil, soy lecithin: an emulsifier, vanillin: an artificial flavor

It went right back on the shelf.

I'll admit I was curious about Nutella. Went to buy it and read the label before putting in in the cart:

INGREDIENTS:

Sugar, peanut oil, hazelnuts, cocoa, skim milk, reduced minerals, whey, partially hydrogenated peanut oil, soy lecithin: an emulsifier, vanillin: an artificial flavor

It went right back on the shelf.

I tried that strategy, but mine keeps going right in the cart. :D

I recently bought some and we love it. My girls and I will eat it right off a spoon. I did try the chocolate cookie recipe that Nakia posted and those were delicious. I've also put a big spoonful into a bowl of ice cream and that was yummy, too. The milkshake sounds really good. I'll have to try that next.

We're already on our second jar. :D