Menu

redwagon Mr. Rosenhoff or Apologia Academy?

Hmm..... would you choose Apologia Academy for Biology with a teacher who just started with them, or would you choose redwagon with Mr. Steve Rosenoff? Both are live classes.

Tough choice.

Oh, if you've used Mr. Rosenoff, how did the kids like him?

Sandra

My son took bio from Mr. Rosenoff when he still taught at The Potter's School. My son loved him as a teacher but I will tell you from a parent's perspective it was kind of rough.

Mr. Rosenoff lacks in the communication department. He can be very terse, insulting and rude in his communications with parents and students. I was quite taken aback by some of his e-mails. I am not at all the only parent I've heard this from. I've heard the same thing from at least a dozen parents.

My son learned a lot and considers him a good teacher. He also ended the year with a 99% for the class.

My son took bio from Mr. Rosenoff when he still taught at The Potter's School. My son loved him as a teacher but I will tell you from a parent's perspective it was kind of rough.

Mr. Rosenoff lacks in the communication department. He can be very terse, insulting and rude in his communications with parents and students. I was quite taken aback by some of his e-mails. I am not at all the only parent I've heard this from. I've heard the same thing from at least a dozen parents.

My son learned a lot and considers him a good teacher. He also ended the year with a 99% for the class.

Glad to know I am not the only one with this experience!!!

• 6 months later...

:iagree:

Dd is enrolled in his Bio class this Fall. Now I'm a little nervous:001_huh:

Lisa

Dd is enrolled in his Bio class this Fall. Now I'm a little nervous:001_huh:

Lisa

Lisa,

I felt the same way at the end of last year, when I had enrolled mine for this year. I was so worried about nothing. In emails, mr. r is very to the point. He has to be, he has a whole bunch of students, a whole bunch of parents and only one of him. He is very polite and loves the Lord with such an obvious passion! For us, his teaching has been a very positive experience and my children love him dearly. The poor man was hit by a car a few weeks ago while walking Cleo, his dog. It was so scary.... class was cancelled about 1 hour out, but get this, when he got home from the hospital, he actually held the Biology class a few hours later for those who could attend. He just didn't go with the live camera on him, so as not to scare the children. Wonderful man, my kids are his facebook friends now. It's so sweet. If you'd like to pm me, I'd be happy to share some more with you that I wouldn't want to just post on the boards.

Blessings

Sandra

We have used Mr. Rosenoff, but with his Redwagon Tutorials. We never have to talk to him!! My ds like his lectures and doing very well in biology. We like his materials. we had to rework his schedule since it was written for live class, but other than that, we use his materials as intended. I think its a great course.

Lisa,

I felt the same way at the end of last year, when I had enrolled mine for this year. I was so worried about nothing. In emails, mr. r is very to the point. He has to be, he has a whole bunch of students, a whole bunch of parents and only one of him. He is very polite and loves the Lord with such an obvious passion! For us, his teaching has been a very positive experience and my children love him dearly. The poor man was hit by a car a few weeks ago while walking Cleo, his dog. It was so scary.... class was cancelled about 1 hour out, but get this, when he got home from the hospital, he actually held the Biology class a few hours later for those who could attend. He just didn't go with the live camera on him, so as not to scare the children. Wonderful man, my kids are his facebook friends now. It's so sweet. If you'd like to pm me, I'd be happy to share some more with you that I wouldn't want to just post on the boards.

Blessings

Sandra

Thanks, Sandra :) Sounds like it was a great fit for your dc. I am excited about the class and will definitely wait to form an opinion.

lisa

We are using the Red Wagon Tutorial, not the live class, for biology this year. My 14 yr. old son loves it and has been asking if we are going to use the tutorial for chem. next year. He find Mr. R very engaging and funny and is learning a lot.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

My dd took Apologia's general science from Mr. R several years ago through Potter's School. We thought of his communication style as "no-nonsense"; it didn't bother us. Dd liked him and I wish she had taken bio with him a couple of years later.

• 3 years later...