Menu

Anything as good as FLL3?

miracleone

My daughter is not enjoying FLL3. I generally follow the script but skip a few things here and there if I see that she's getting irritated with all the, "say it three times with me sentences..." Is there anything I can do to make it worth our while? How do you use FLL3 if you don't follow the whole script? Thank you.

While we love FLL 1 and 2, we found 3 and 4 just as you describe. I went back to Rod and Staff. I love Rod and Staff. We do it all orally, and the lessons are over in about 10 minutes. We just found FLL 3 and 4 to be too much review and repetition for us.

We used FLL last year and found it very dry & boring too. :(

This year we've switched over to K12's LA program and my ds is really loving it!! The literature program is phenomenal and there is also grammar, writing, spelling & vocabulary all worked into one program. You can buy the kit for around $100 (for all subjects & books read throughout the year) and just skip out on the online portion (nothing is online for grades 3 & 4 except for the planning guide--if you've been homeschooling for a while it won't be any big deal to plan out all the subjects (or lmk if you need help! :)) Save yourself $200 extra dollars over the year!!! ;)