Menu

My dc don't like the Osmonds or David Cassidy

Maybe you didn't start them early enough, lol. My dd watched ALL the Brady Bunch episodes with me; we have every season on DVD, we even gave her some for her birthday, lol.

We've watched several of the Partridge Family episodes, some of season 1 are free online, and we have season 2. My sister and I used to play Partridge Family with two neighbor girls, and one of us would have to be one of the boys. My sis, bless her heart, gave me not only Barry Williams's autobio several years ago but also the Partridge Family's Greatest Hits CD. My dd likes to listen to it at the end of looooong car rides. We all sing. :D

Now she's grown into old ER shows and CSI. Sigh.

Osmond Brothers was my first concert. My sister and her friends wanted to go, so my Dad got seats for the two of us down the row, one back, so the girls could "be on their own" but supervised. I guess they were 14 or 15. I remember their white spangled jumpsuits and this wicked cool syncrhonized dance move they did.

Bobby Sherman. Could he sing? Who cared?!! He was the first man I ever remember noticing on TV as a child. In a weird coincidence, my ds resembles him. Well, I guess he's the Chinese Bobby Sherman, but still, he does! LOL

5!

6! The Carpenter's are really soothing to listen to after a bad day. Her voice was like silk.

And here I was lamenting that my kids - including the one who wants to be a drummer - don't share my tastes as far as 80's hair metal.... And my husband told me last night he can't stand Gordon Lightfoot! I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person with musical tastes that are all over the place?

You lovelies are showing your age. My mum had a crush on David Cassidy. Who could ever have a crush on someone with that haircut? :confused:

:tongue_smilie:

Rosie

:iagree: LOL.

Are you gals the end of the Baby Boomer era??? You sound like you have my dh's taste in music. :tongue_smilie:

I'm a Gen-Xer, so give me 80s British pop & punk any day! :D

How about little Michael Jackson of the Jackson 5? He was popular at the same time as Bobby Sherman and the others. I remember reading about him every month in Tiger Beat.

I remember reading Tiger Beat! In one issue they compared Michael Jackson, David Cassidy and Donny Osmond. I was an Osmonds fan, so there was no comparison for me.

Well, I wasn't into the Cassidy's but I was madly in love with Steve Perry! Boy did I love his long black hair! I've played his music to my kids and shown his pictures to my girls and they think he is disgusting and say he can't sing worth beans! Um....Steve Perry...can't sing??....Are you MAD???

(Haha! I still love Steve and listen to a little bit of him almost every day. Youtube rocks!)

6! The Carpenter's are really soothing to listen to after a bad day. Her voice was like silk.

And here I was lamenting that my kids - including the one who wants to be a drummer - don't share my tastes as far as 80's hair metal.... And my husband told me last night he can't stand Gordon Lightfoot! I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person with musical tastes that are all over the place?

Gordon Lightfoot is actually going to be in concert here this weekend. And I can't get my dh to go. He thinks I am crazy!

My music tastes are very eclectic. I love John Denver, Night Ranger, Chicago, The Carpenters, Alabama, Louis Armstrong, Abba...

My kids don't like the Carpenters. What's up with that? LOL.

My husband says I'm their ONLY fan.

I just dropped dd off at college yesterday and my eyes popped out when we walked in the room and her roommate had a Carpenter's CD on her dresser!!

My dd wasn't sure who the Carpenter's were, but roomie and I shared hugs.

I feel like music used to unify everyone when we were young. Now, I see it isolating many of my teens' friends. I think part of it is the style of the music, part of it is the availability of so many genres through the internet, and part of it is IPods.

Gordon Lightfoot !!! He was great!!! I had odd tastes --the blonde from Man from UNCLE was my heart throb~

And I would take Tiger Beat over Cosmo Jr ANY day~~~NOT THAT DD WILL GET EITHER

David McCallum - he played the role of Ilya Kuryakin.

Always have me on your team for Trivial Pursuit --oh, gosh, that 'dates' me too.:lol:

I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person with musical tastes that are all over the place?

Oh, no you're not. I don't tell anyone IRL what music I like. I don't want to have to explain. (I mean, really--Jim Croce!? Who would understand? But I love him.)

I love 80's hair bands, 50's rock, Jim Croce, Alternative rock, Disney showtunes, Barbara Streisand...it goes on and on. None of it makes sense.