Menu

How often do you plan art?

mommy4ever

I am looking at our plans, and how much Art curricula we have. We don't have much there. We have Atelier, I got only level 2a and 2b. That is 12 lessons. I was thinking scheduling approx 1 lesson every 3 weeks to fill the year. There is art appreciation as well in there. We are doing SOTW so there are crafty activities in there. And LA and French both have coloring and drawing. We have a once a month art class though the county for homeschool kids.

Is that enough to fulfill the craftiness of my dd6? How often do you have "art".

Last year I aimed for something crafty or art-related (including appreciation) once per week. That was for something I specifically planned rather than the random coloring/drawing/painting that inevitably happens.

This year, we have Artistic Pursuits, which includes an aspect of appreciation with each project. I have that scheduled once per week, and then the extra crafts/projects related to SotW will be extra, probably once per month or so. My daughter is asking regularly if we can do just one more art lesson from AP, so I may have to make it more frequent. :rolleyes:

Really, I think what you're planning sounds great, and it should work out to weekly art. HTH! :001_smile:

I am looking at our plans, and how much Art curricula we have. We don't have much there. We have Atelier, I got only level 2a and 2b. That is 12 lessons. I was thinking scheduling approx 1 lesson every 3 weeks to fill the year. There is art appreciation as well in there. We are doing SOTW so there are crafty activities in there. And LA and French both have coloring and drawing. We have a once a month art class though the county for homeschool kids.

Is that enough to fulfill the craftiness of my dd6? How often do you have "art".

That sounds like a good deal of art to me. We are using Artistic Pursuits this year and I only plan to do one hour a week. I don't do a whole lot of art projects but my girls color and draw a lot on their own.

Great! Thanks for the input. I do let her just craft on her own outside the scope of school. She is gifted in art like her grandmother, so I'm trying to direct it a little to help grow it, but trying to keep it light and fun. After all she is only turning 7 in November..lol. Hopefully we'll be able to do a trip or 2 to museums through the year too, or participate in a workshop offered by the museum.