Menu

Unexpected interruption...

So this morning I'm tutoring online--my kids know not to bother me at this time... and my 8yo dd tries to politely interrupt me... I mute the phone and ask her to leave the room... she (politely) insists that she speak to me... I 'huff' (its been a long morning already--my horse got out and I had some unexpected exercise trying to get him back in his pen...) and she calmly says-- 'what do you want me to do with the SNAKE on the floor?':svengo:

I do what any normal mom would do--I ask my student to hold for a minute and I wake up my 19yo reptile-loving daughter! She calmly picked up the snake and released it outside in the garden... it was a baby--not sure what type--and she was too tired to take a picture (she is a photography major for goodness sake!).. if I find a pic online I'll post later...

I then calmly go back to tutoring... (well--my heart rate was a tiny bit accelerated for a few minutes...).

W-LAD-chequeredgarter.jpg

The baby in the house was dark brown...checkered garter snakes can be brown, tan, green and even blue...

We have a BLUE checkered garter snake living in our front flower bed... it is COOL looking (when viewed OUTSIDE that is!).

Edited by Jann in TX
picture added

So this morning I'm tutoring online--my kids know not to bother me at this time... and my 8yo dd tries to politely interrupt me... I mute the phone and ask her to leave the room... she (politely) insists that she speak to me... I 'huff' (its been a long morning already--my horse got out and I had some unexpected exercise trying to get him back in his pen...) and she calmly says-- 'what do you want me to do with the SNAKE on the floor?':svengo:

I do what any normal mom would do--I ask my student to hold for a minute and I wake up my 19yo reptile-loving daughter! She calmly picked up the snake and released it outside in the garden... it was a baby--not sure what type--and she was too tired to take a picture (she is a photography major for goodness sake!).. if I find a pic online I'll post later...

I then calmly go back to tutoring... (well--my heart rate was a tiny bit accelerated for a few minutes...).

W-LAD-chequeredgarter.jpg

The baby in the house was dark brown...checkered garter snakes can be brown, tan, green and even blue...

We have a BLUE checkered garter snake living in our front flower bed... it is COOL looking (when viewed OUTSIDE that is!).

:lol: I'd call that a legitimate interruption, yes! Good thing you have a reptile-loving teenager!

I was on the phone with my best friend, her son ran away, and she was bawling.

My oldest kept trying to interrupt me. I told her to go away. She just kept doing it. I was pretty mad. I had my friend hold on, and said, "I promise that she has been taught not to behave this way."

It turns out, I was 3 inches away from what she thought was a cotton mouth, but really was a boa constrictor. We assume it was another drop off for our involuntary rescue.

That same week, we caught a parakeet in the chicken yard. What do you want to bet that a family was moving, and dropped off a pug, a snake and a bird?

When my son was 4 we were also foster parents to a 2 yo that was legally blind. She could see shadows but that was about it. They were playing in the garage as I was working in the yard. My 4 yo comes to me and says, "momma, you have got to see this weird worm!" I go into the garage and find a baby copperhead the size of a pencil and just inches from the blind child. When I tried to pickit up with the shovel it became so aggressive I finally had to kill it in the garage. I am just thankful it didn't bite a child.