Menu

Question about searching on any forum...please help.

when I type in the words to search for, such as "Animal Stories", the search turns up every entry in that forum that contains the words "animal" and "stories" but not together.

How do we find titles of books on for sale forum?

How do we find threads with reviews or recommendations on a book such as "Doing Art Together?"

I would like to know, as well; the only ways I've found is to do minimal amounts of words that will still get me what I'm looking for, but its still a scavenger hunt. I think "tags" has something to do with finding stuff better/faster on here, but I don't know how to use them…

It is called a Boolean search. Some boards have it in their advanced search and other boards don't. Maybe I am wrong, but I don't see it on the WTM site.

What is normally done is putting the words like animal and stories together like so: "animal" and "stories" ---typed exactly as I just did it, with the quotes marks and the word and in the middle.

HTH and please let me know if I am wrong.

In order to use tags someone has to tag the thread first. I will often tag a thread if I want to be able to look it up later. Tags that are helpful will have more than one word because those are hard to search for. "Phonics Road", "American History Spine", etc.

If there are no tags, then I just use Google and do an advanced search. "drawing with children" site:welltrainedmind.com is an example.

HTH!