Menu

My son was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome yesterday.

Wendi

Congratulations! I love my Aspie. He's a handful, but it's so nice to KNOW and then be able to really work on things, and I love his analytical mind.

I highly recommend Tony Attwood's book "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome" for anyone who wants to learn about the condition. Even if they don't read the whole thing, they can go through and get a better idea of what it's really all about.

You don't say how old he is, but someone on here once recommended the book "Asperger Syndrome, the Universe and Everything," and that helped my son understand how his mind works and has made him easier to work with.

:)

Welcome to the club! I have a 7th grader Aspie, and we are also new to homeschooling, but loving it already.

The book I would recommend for family members is Ellen Notbohm's "Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew." Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Things-Every-Child-Autism-Wishes/dp/1932565302/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282178660&sr=1-1. This book really gets at the heart of what it means to be a kid on the spectrum. I really love it!

Hope this helps,

Andrea