Menu

I also need a little help with Saxon Math 1.

leighp

We are trying to incorporate the filing system that's been talked about lately so I ripped all my workbooks apart. Then we just pull them out of each week's folder when it's time to do them. When we finish, I have a 3-ring binder that I file them all in.

How do you store yours? Do you rip them apart and put them in a binder?

Thanks!

Yep, that's exactly what I do. :D I tear the pages out of the 1st workbook at put them into the back of a binder. Then we pull out the pages for our current lesson, do the work, and put them in the math section of the binder. When we finish the 1st workbook, I'll empty the binder, and repeat with the second workbook.

We use magazine files for all workbooks, readers and small notebooks. Each child has their own file, so when school starts for the day they just grab their file and head for the table. It minimizes the amount of stuff that gets "lost" between the end of one school day and beginning of the other!. I keep all of my things in files as well so all of the guides I need for a school day are in one place.

Hmmm....I'm not sure about filing yet. I'd have to research it some more, but I am running out of time. Plus, it seems like a lot of extra work for just one child.

I think I'll try the binder, since all of the pages are hole punched anyway. If that doesn't work out, I'll look into the file system more.

We use magazine files for all workbooks, readers and small notebooks. Each child has their own file, so when school starts for the day they just grab their file and head for the table. It minimizes the amount of stuff that gets "lost" between the end of one school day and beginning of the other!. I keep all of my things in files as well so all of the guides I need for a school day are in one place.

When I read this last night, I couldn't wrap my brain around what you were talking about. I guess exhaustion had taken over! ;) That's a good idea. I may pick a few of those up while I am out today. I have one really giant one that holds drawing and art books.

Instead of dividing up by each kid, since I'm only teaching one, I may divide up by each subject. I guess this is all trial and error, huh? :D

At the start of the year - I rip them out of the binding and place them in a three ring binder. I use one tab divider to seperate the completed portion from the incomplete. When we start the lesson, I take the pages for the lesson out that are right behind the tab. After the lesson, the pages go right before the tab.

The reporting forms I keep at the front of the binder.

When I read this last night, I couldn't wrap my brain around what you were talking about. I guess exhaustion had taken over! ;) That's a good idea. I may pick a few of those up while I am out today. I have one really giant one that holds drawing and art books.

Instead of dividing up by each kid, since I'm only teaching one, I may divide up by each subject. I guess this is all trial and error, huh? :D

LOL! I wish I had a photo handy, but I don't. I can link you what we use. They are from Ikea. Here is the magazine file:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30159507

This is the bookcase we keep our school stuff in:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675

Three of the magazine files will fit easily within each "cubby" section of the bookcase. They are the perfect size for workbooks and keep everything tidy and not flopping over.