Menu

Trouble printing Math Mammoth???

Scuff

Has anyone had trouble printing MM? I've thought my printer wasn't working for the past 24 hrs. I've been searching the net for troubleshooting, cleaned the printer heads, printed diagnostic stuff. Just tried printing something else and figured out that the problem is with MM, not the printer. It will print most pages. But everyonce in a while it just stalls out on one. It feeds the paper, then stops like it's done. It's only certain pages. (so far, pg. 84, 74, & 73 of 1A) I assume this isn't a common problem, since people have used this before??? When it was just 1 page, I figured we could just skip that one, but I can't be skipping a lot of them! Any ideas? (and did I mention *another* census worker came today to verify our info and I had my fasting glucose test? This day has had great potential for frustration.)

I have no idea how to help you but we had significant challenges printing Math Mammoth with our HP. Now, you must know that this printer had quirks before MM came along. It's a lemon. I'm sure of it and after two years of nearly hucking it out the window Costco was kind enough to refund us all the money. However, I didn't have problems actually printing anything but MM which was weird and aggravating (similar to your description - skipping random pages or just ceasing to print halfway down a page . . . grrrrr).

Anyhow, we bought a new printer (a Lexmark with cheap ink) and I haven't had one issue. Not one. I have NO idea what to think.

Maria does have some trouble shooting tips on the MM website. Have you tried those? http://www.mathmammoth.com/preview/docs/download_help.php They're contained in the Contacts section. Hopefully that link works.

:D You are not alone.

I'll check her troubleshooting. I also thought I might try those pages on Dh's computer. Though it's downloaded onto this school computer, so I'll have to redownload it onto his to do that. (and buy ink for his printer) This is an HP also. I've wanted to chuck it out the window as well (or beat it with a hammer?) But those were different issues. It has major trouble feeding paper, but this is different. This just doesn't want to print at all. Thanks for the suggestion. And yes, I was only doing a chapter at a time. It won't even print telling it to only do that page.

Guest donnaste

Hi...

I am new here:001_smile:, but I really wanted you to know that you are not the only one with the problem. I just printed out MM1A yesterday and had the EXACT same page number's not printing. It was driving me crazy...lol! I have an HP printer, which can be fickle, so I thought it was that...now I know..lol!

I first started to print the whole MM1A, and it got stuck on page 84 and would not print anything after that. I then had to print pages 1-10 and so on. I had to use my snipping tool to create an image of pages 73-74 and 84 and then I printed them.

I am kind of nervous about printing the rest, but I won't need it until next year. By then, I hope to have a laser printer.:)

My printer doesn't like to print large files. I can't print more than 40 pages at a time. It prints faster if I print 30 pg at a time. It's not a printer issue for me, but a computer issue, not enough ram, and I run too many things at a time..lol.

Not convenient, but it beats having to restart, and try to figure out what next. In the last 3 days I've printed 1b, 2a, 2b, 5a and 5b by doing it 30 pages at a time no issues.