Menu

Timeline stickers?

RamonaQ

All-

I thought stickers for the timeline would be fun. I have started looking around and see it could get expensive (for two kids). Do you use them? Do you have a source? Should I just help kids find images that match online and print those as needed (free)? Thoughts?

I tried a TON of different things for timeline figures, and found Sonlight is the best, hands down. I buy them used, and photocopy them for my girls. My oldest uses the photocopy (cuts them out and glues them), my youngest gets the sticker version. If I couldn't find them used, I would purchase them from Sonlight new. The time and effort they save me are totally worth the money.

Blessings!

Dorinda

hannah's homeschool helps yahoo group has awesome free timeline figures for SOTW 1, 2 and 3. You can either print them out on sticker paper as mentioned, or use one of those sticker machines (we have one--got the insides of it on clearance--lasted all year and was fun to do).

THANK YOU!!!!!! Also, which Sonlight stickers would you suggest to purchase?

Thanks!

I would purchase whatever history I'm doing. However, It might be worth it to buy all of them (Core 1-4) for the Elementary/Mid High years. You'd save on shipping and have them on hand for when you need them. We happened to do Sonlight K and Core 1, so we had the timeline figures for those cores. When we went on to other curriculum, I found it frustrating to piece together timeline figures so I purchased Core 2, 3 and 4 so I'd have them on hand.

HTH!

Dorinda

If you are looking for stickers that specifically go along with SOTW, check out these by Avenues of the Mind. The quality is similar to what you would get by finding clipart through google images and printing it on mailing labels (not great), but the time and printer ink saved makes it a worthwhile purchase in my opinion. There is a sticker for each and every chapter and the timeline itself is nicely made.

http://www.learningthroughhistory.com sells timeline sticker packs. $7.99 for 200 stickers. Not bad, but they might not have what you want. I had been thinking to print my own, but I'm not sure I want to take on one more thing. Otoh, 7.99 x 2 plus shipping.....hmmm back to printing my own.:)

I'm not clear on how you use sticker printing paper. Is it all just one sheet? If you use the 2x4 mailing labels how do you get it to print right on the label? Sorry, if I'm a bit slow to understand these things....

Angela, as always thank you for the great idea.

We are using a Time Travelers and your idea is perfect for their time line. I don't think I'll buy a label maker (those things are too addicting) but I might go out and by 8x11 sticker paper and print on those then cut out the figures from there.

A sticker machine! That sounds like fun to me!!!!

ETA: ACK!!!! Those are expensive. Any tips for finding a cheap one?

Walmart has sticker machines! (well the one local to me did) and it was under $30. Most craft stores should have them too, and if you have something like a Micheal's you can use you 40% off coupon.