Menu

Dressing for an interview at McDonald's

He sounds interview ready to me! It's extremely competitive for jobs right now, and that will probably help him to stand out from the crowd - shows he's serious. I think how you appear for an interview also affects how management treats you. No matter whether we like it or not, first impressions count. I hope he gets the job. :)

I'd say... it depends.

Is the shirt colored? I'd make sure the shirt was colorful - not plain white, black, or grey. In other words - look pleasant & well dressed, but not like you're interviewing at a law firm. ;)

(I remember being taught to be careful not to overdo it - not to show up in a suit for an interview at a dairy bar, or in a dress & heels for an interview at the community pool. That kinda thing.)

When I was interviewing for jobs in college (many moons ago), I always dressed up, although I was most going to casual restaurants, grocery stores, and the like. But it seems our society is so casual now (people wearing pajamas to Walmart?), that I didn't know if he'd stick out like a sore thumb. It just feels wrong though to go to an interview in jeans and a t-shirt to a place where you will be dealing with the public, kwim. But I needed some other input, so thanks!

BTW, his shirt is light blue. He looks so handsome all dressed up!

I was taught to dress one level above what the dress code for the job is. So for this job I'd say khakis rather than the dress pants, but keep the dress shirt.

I generally agree about the one level better thing, but don't McDonalds employees wear black plants at work?