Menu

anybody else up?

Anybody got a good joke? Funny story? I'm bored and lonely and need entertainment. Both kids are sleeping, dh is away. Normally I love my few minutes of quiet time but haven't had anybody to talk to in weeks other than the kids.

I even went as far as to google "pen pals for adults" earlier. It wasn't what I thought it would be. :lol:

I get up around 4:45am :ack2:. No wonder I can't communicate in complete thoughts...

I've got something funny...

The other day, I took my kids to the park and it's about 105 here during the day. I was standing on the edge of the playground and the 2 year-old runs up to me. She says, "Are you hot?" I said, "Yeah, it's really hot out here, isn't it?" She grabs my shirt and says, "Take off your shirt!" I thought I misunderstood her. She starts pulling my shirt and saying, "Go ahead, take off your shirt!" Me and the 8 yro start laughing hysterically and I said, "I don't think all these other moms would like it if I took off my T-shirt."

lol! :lol:

I get up around 4:45am :ack2:. No wonder I can't communicate in complete thoughts...

I've got something funny...

The other day, I took my kids to the park and it's about 105 here during the day. I was standing on the edge of the playground and the 2 year-old runs up to me. She says, "Are you hot?" I said, "Yeah, it's really hot out here, isn't it?" She grabs my shirt and says, "Take off your shirt!" I thought I misunderstood her. She starts pulling my shirt and saying, "Go ahead, take off your shirt!" Me and the 8 yro start laughing hysterically and I said, "I don't think all these other moms would like it if I took off my T-shirt."

lol! :lol:

You took your kids to the park???? (I'm in TX, too, & I haven't seen a *fly* at the parks we've driven past.)

You either get Mom of the Year or a trip to the loonie bin. We'll take a vote here in a little bit, ok? ;)

You took your kids to the park???? (I'm in TX, too, & I haven't seen a *fly* at the parks we've driven past.)

You either get Mom of the Year or a trip to the loonie bin. We'll take a vote here in a little bit, ok? ;)

I vote "loonie" because I am one too:lol:... The other moms on the 5-yr-old soccer team that I coach think I'm nuts for having soccer practice in this heat, but I figure that if we wait until it is cooler, the season will be half-way over :lol:. I've been doing lots of water breaks and only a 30 minute practice, and the kids are happy as can be out there. The parents, on the other hand, are ready to go right at the 30 minute mark!

Yeah, 'twas horrible. They had the water sprays, so my kids were running through the water.

We're big outdoors people, so it's really difficult to be cooped up in the house like this. We're usually fishing, hiking, kayaking, etc. :crying: But not this summer. I can't wait for it to cool off here.

6:41 a.m. here in GA and I have yet to go to sleep! The grizzly bear beside me, on the other hand, is sleeping just fine!!!:glare: Hopefully, I can catch a power nap soon! BTW, sometimes adult conversation is not all it's cracked up to be! ;):lol: