Menu

Lunch Ideas

Besides leftovers and sandwiches.

What do you fix for lunch? I am constantly at an impasse with lunch. I will fix dinner early and eat it for lunch and then have something small at our actual dinner time. Actually we like eating this way better but it isn't always possible.

So, what's for lunch?

Lunch is our main meal of the day.

Soups (w/ or w/o sandwiches)

chili and crackers

Stirfries over noodles or rice

wraps (leftover stirfry mix shoved into a wrap or taco shell)

big salads with a side of protein

noodles and steamed veggies

pancakes (if we had a lighter than usual breakfast and are eating an earlier than usual lunch)

We're veg*n but some easy lunches might be things you can make on weekends and freeze ahead -- meatballs? pot stickers? lasagna? roasted chicken thighs? grilled chicken breasts? fajita meat? Then each day you could just focus on making the sides (salad, veggies or fruit).

Sometimes we do the dinner at lunchtime thing too. It usually works well.

Besides leftovers and sandwiches, my dc like:

quesadillas with salsa and quacamole for dipping

yogurt with granola and nuts

soup with crackers (I guess this is usually leftovers! Sometimes I'll get a can of nacho cheese soup. The kids love that served in hollowed out rolls with bread chunks for dipping.)

pizza (It's easy to make the dough in a bread machine. I just have to remember to start it 2 hours before I want to make the pizza. Someone should fix that. :glare:)

hot dogs

mac and cheese

boiled eggs or egg salad with crackers

refried beans and tortillas

They always have fruit with lunch too.

pizza (It's easy to make the dough in a bread machine. I just have to remember to start it 2 hours before I want to make the pizza. Someone should fix that. :glare:)

We made pizza today on English Muffins. That's a favorite around here.

And I have made up big batches of dough and tossed the dough balls into the freezer. I put them in the freezer the evening before I want to use them!