Menu

About selling on eBay...

Help me understand, k?

If I want to sell something on eBay, I need to accept Paypal, right? (Right or wrong?)

If I accept Paypal, I need to accept credit card payment for eBay? (Right or wrong?)

If I do all of this, then Paypal will change me to a different kind of account where there will be fees? (Right or wrong?)

You do have to accept Paypal and you cannot accept Money Orders. You do not have to accept Paypal Credit Cards though.

I have been an Ebay seller for years, but just recently bit the bullet and completely dumped them for Amazon and Homeschool Classifieds. Ebay fees are too high in my opinion and Ebay couldn't care less about its sellers if it tried. They are on the side of the customer - even if the customer is full of #^$& and a psycho liar. Harsh, but after 5 years of crazy people I just don't trust most Ebay shoppers because they know how to scam and work the system.

I have peace of mind with HS Classifieds and haven't dealt with one crazy person there yet. Ditto for Amazon.

You do have to accept Paypal and you cannot accept Money Orders. You do not have to accept Paypal Credit Cards though.

I thought they changed that so you now *do* have to accept credit cards with Paypal, that you can't specify how people pay through Paypal. . .