Menu

Anyone else taking back-to-school photos of their children?

Just because we homeschool doesn't mean our kids shouldn't have yearly 'school' photos!!! Get your camera out and document your children...another year older! If you have a set time to take individual pictures of your kids (like back-to-school month), it is fun to look back on the photos and see how they have grown and changed.

I just posted our 'meet the students' post on my blog.

Heart of the Matter is having a Student Photo Week at their month-long (Not) Back to School Blog Hop if you need extra incentive. :001_smile:

We do! Each year, I take their picture at their work space (my17yo dd was a goof about it - she piled up all her school "stuff" and set her laptop on it!), and then a family shot in front of our house.

I've done it for 14 years now. . . .I'm so thankful to have this tradition! Thanks for the reminder.

I take my kids to have their pictures professionally done around their birthdays each year. Since one is early October and one is early November (and we start school in September), these also can be classified as their "school pictures" for that year.

But I'll also take my own first day of school pictures, and the billion pictures I always take anyway all year long of them doing various school projects and field trips and activities and so on. :)

I do every year. I love it! I wasn't planning on doing this year's until late September (which is usually when we take ours) but maybe I'll do them sooner to join in on that Not Back to School blog hop!

The only thing is it's 108 degrees here right now :glare:

hmm..

We do! Each year, I take their picture at their work space (my17yo dd was a goof about it - she piled up all her school "stuff" and set her laptop on it!), and then a family shot in front of our house.

I've done it for 14 years now. . . .I'm so thankful to have this tradition! Thanks for the reminder.

I love the idea of taking photos of the kids at their work space! And how fun to have 14 years of photos!!

I take my kids to have their pictures professionally done around their birthdays each year. Since one is early October and one is early November (and we start school in September), these also can be classified as their "school pictures" for that year.

But I'll also take my own first day of school pictures, and the billion pictures I always take anyway all year long of them doing various school projects and field trips and activities and so on. :)

My friend's kids both have birthdays in June, so she does photos of them then (and then at Christmas). It would be handy to have birthdays close together for that reason. My kids are spread out all year long!

And, yeah, I take a gazillion photos all year long, too. :001_smile:

I do every year. I love it! I wasn't planning on doing this year's until late September (which is usually when we take ours) but maybe I'll do them sooner to join in on that Not Back to School blog hop!

The only thing is it's 108 degrees here right now :glare:

hmm..

I would rather take photos the end of September, too, but since I'm due (Oct 5th!!), I wanted to get them done sooner. I hate hot weather, and it was almost 90 when I took these. Any hotter (108--good grief!) and I would have been inside, in front of the AC, with an ice-cold drink in my hand. :001_smile: I took photos of my sister's 3 kids while I was at it and was about ready to pass out by the end of the photo shoot.

I do. I take the kiddos out to the tree in the front and take their picture. Neat to see how they have grown from year to year. Then there is usually a few silly shots on the porch. :lol:

Come back inside and take a picture of them with their new books right before they open them and start.

I do. I take the kiddos out to the tree in the front and take their picture. Neat to see how they have grown from year to year. Then there is usually a few silly shots on the porch. :lol:

Come back inside and take a picture of them with their new books right before they open them and start.

That's a great way to start a new year of school. And a few silly pictures are a must. :001_smile: