Menu

When preparing 'Incomplete' Transcripts to Apply Early...

DD has not yet begun her senior year, but we are applying early to a few colleges. Do you include the 12th grade course names on the transcript itself with no grades listed, or list those courses that are currently being taken on a separate sheet? Not sure if it matters a great deal, but just in case. ;) TIA!

I just put the courses my son was taking his senior year on his transcript with the number of credits they were worth. In the "grade" column, I just put "in progress". I think it's nice for the admissions officer to have all the courses listed together on the same page.

Brenda

:iagree: We did exactly the same thing here. It also makes it easy to complete the transcript later in the year, just changing those "in progress" designations to a letter grade.

~Kathy

I just put the courses my son was taking his senior year on his transcript with the number of credits they were worth. In the "grade" column, I just put "in progress". I think it's nice for the admissions officer to have all the courses listed together on the same page.

Brenda

WSS. This is what I did.

Brenda

This is exactly how I do it too.

I was trying to use TranscriptPro, and this is on their site:

<<How do I handle senior year courses before my child graduates?

Transcripts list only completed work—not work in progress. Thus, it is customary for colleges to receive incomplete transcripts during a student’s final year of high school with all work documented through the junior year. In such cases, parents need to plan an addendum sheet titled “Work in Progress” that lists current courses along with grades to date (if the college requests these). Final transcripts with senior work included should then be sent to the college within two weeks of graduation.>>

I don't want to use a separate sheet...but the program has no 'in progress' option. So, is the program correct about this? ETA: it has no option to just leave the grade blank, either. I tried to use a free online transcript program today, entered all the information again, and then printed it out...and it was SO ugly. Now what? I'm tired of fussing with it. I want to get to the fun stuff like printing on nice paper and embossing the final copy. :)

Edited by Blueridge
further whining...

Are transcripts usually printed on nice paper? You mean like resume paper? What do you emboss on the transcript? Is embossing commonly done on transcripts?

Oh, I get myself into all sorts of trouble with my Googling! I read in several places that you should consider using 'watermark' paper, like a resume I guess. Then the final touch of elegance and professionalism is to use a personalized embosser with your school name. Of course, none of this is necessary LOL, but I want it to be a work of art. :)