Menu

Flea Market scores!

Do you like flea markets? Who doesn't? European flea markets are amazing. A-MA-ZING. They have the coolest stuff. We have one that's within walking distance of our house about twice a month and I went this weekend. I scored big. BIG! To see what I got, check out my blog post.

Have you scored anything awesome at a flea market? What was it? I love to hear what others found. Post a photo if you can!

Congrats on such fabulous finds--I get a thrill from a good bargain!

I don't go to flea markets, but I hit some awesome tag sales a couple of months ago. As an example, I got a vintage metal dresser for $15, 4 pairs of brand name pants for my oldest dd at $1/pair, and some DK Eywitness books for homeschooling at 25 cents/each.

Flea markets where I live are interesting. There are a few that are really large buildings divided up into small booths. The booths are then rented out and then whoever manages the flea market will sell your items. So it's a bunch of unmanned booths. I don't know if this is normal. The only other flea market I went to was when I was in Houston and it was outdoors and booths were rented out for the weekend and you stayed with your stuff and sold it. But here, it's so much fun. You never know what you're going to find. Some booths are neatly arranged and displayed with an actual theme of items (dishes or knickknacks or books for instance.) Others look like someone is using it to store stuff they can't fit in their garage.

WOW!!!! You did great! I had to laugh at you saying you wanted to go back and give the man more money. He knew what he was doing. You wanted what he had and he didn't. I've given some stuff to Goodwill that many people would have said I should have sold on eBay or craigslist, but it wasn't worth the hassle to me. See...you did him a favor!:D:tongue_smilie:

WOW!!!! You did great! I had to laugh at you saying you wanted to go back and give the man more money. He knew what he was doing. You wanted what he had and he didn't. I've given some stuff to Goodwill that many people would have said I should have sold on eBay or craigslist, but it wasn't worth the hassle to me. See...you did him a favor!:D:tongue_smilie:

James Bond said this too. He said Box Man just didn't want to haul those boxes back home and I was doing him a big favor by taking them off his hands and giving him money to boot.

I didn't post how much I paid on my blog (seriously, it's embarrassing) but I'll tell you. I paid 10 Euro for the first box and an additional 5 Euro for the second. That's about $22. I looked up the dishes on Replacements Ltd and ONE dinner plate sells for $25. I got about $400 worth of transferware for $22!