Menu

Have you seen my library book?

I *think* I set it on the bumper of my car yesterday afternoon, but I'm not sure. I scoured the house for an hour last night around 10pm, but didn't find it, and then I remembered that I had it outside. Apparently dh and I both have this problem - we have lost four (yes, 4) phones by doing this. This morning the kids and I walked about a 1/2 mile stretch of road looking for it to no avail. Then we drove to the gas station (which was my first stop after I might have placed it on my bumper) and checked all along the road, and I even asked the station attendant if anyone turned it in - nope. So, I scoured my house again and found nothing.

I need to find it because A) it's not mine and B) I was almost done and I want to know how it ended. It's Pendragon Book 9: Raven Rise. If you see it, or have any ideas where I might have put it, please let me know.

Thank you.

(:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cursing: :mad: :mad: :mad:)

I have lost or smashed 2 phones this way as well! Both times I was pregnant though, so I have somewhat of an excuse. I would not want to walk into my library and tell the mean ladies at the desk that I lost one of "their" books. I would not want to give them the satisfaction of being even more mean. Good luck! Maybe someone will find it and return it for you. At least it can't smash into millions of little pieces.

No Way. You're totally not going to believe this. Someone found my book and returned it to the library. I just checked my card to see when it was due, and it wasn't there. So, I checked both dd's and ds's - and it wasn't there, either!

Wow. How cool is that?!

:party: What a relief!

Should I take out an ad in the paper to thank them?

Edited by LauraGB

No Way. You're totally not going to believe this. Someone found my book and returned it to the library. I just checked my card to see when it was due, and it wasn't there. So, I checked both dd's and ds's - and it wasn't there, either!

Wow. How cool is that?!

:party: What a relief!

Should I take out an ad in the paper to thank them?

Yeah!!!

I have stopped, picked up a book off of the road, and taken it back to a library LOL It is just a weird conscious thing with us fellow library lovers. I had passed the book and circled back around to get it....I couldn't imagine the book getting beat up by passing cars. LOL