Menu

Which edition of Foerster's Algebra 1 and where to buy?

I have seen many of these books for sale on abebooks for $1...but it doesn't give the edition only the ISBN...anyone have info on the latest edition and which ISBN that might be? Jacob's just has too many colors/jumps all over the pages for us...LOF is not direct enough for my son and I don't like Saxon's approach...hoping Foerster's is the solution!

Thanks!

Tara

Our copy is the Prentice Hall Classics edition, a reprint of Algebra I: Expressions, Equations, and Applications. ISBN #0-13-165708-9 or 9-780131657083.

I purchased our copy via Amazon.com. Follett Educational Service also has several editions along with TMs. We do not own a solutions manual, as I don't need one at this level.

I have one of the old ones, circa 1984. I love this book! My ds used it without a TM, no problem. Odd answers are in the back so he could check his work. I was hoping to give a few "lectures" but he found the explanations in the book to be very good and hardly needed me at all. :glare: isbn on mine is: 0201202425

If you don't want "colors, jumps all over the page," try any of the older ones. I bought an early 1980's edition (ebay or Amazon, cost less than shipping) and there are no colors at all. Explanations were clear and odd answers were in the back.

The Classics edition does not have any color jumping off the page, and is an actual reprint of the texts from the 1980's. The only color are the blue chapter & section headings, and a black & white photo on the chapter intro page. IIRC, you can use any of the older TMs & SMs with the Classics Edition.