Menu

Tell Me More Auralog, help, what grade level?

seanana

Hi, I just got Auralogs "Tell Me More" Homeschool edition. Have any of you used this? I am going to start it with my 8th grader. I am wondering if the 5 levels are sufficient for high school credit or if I will need to get the next levels. She has no background so we will have to start with level 1. Since the program is kind of expensive I was wondering if I should get her some basic textbook for this year and save the program for next year and use the higher levels. Please let me know if you have any advice!

Ana

I have the same edition, purchased from the co-op. I have "browsed" through it myself and played around with it to get a "feel" for the program. I like it. However, I wouldn't use it as a stand-alone, especially for high school credit. That is just my opinion. I am supplementing with Galore Park's So You Really Want To Learn Spanish. My dd has had a year of Spanish in ps and will likely start Auralog at the Beginner level (not the total Beginner) and Galore Park in Level 2. My 7th grader hasn't had ANY spanish and will start Auralog at Total Beginner and GP at Level 1. I can't say if you would need more levels at the end of the year. I guess it depends how quickly she learns. I hope that helps a bit.

Hmmm ....... excellent question ......... We have both Auralog French and German and I've played around with it a little. My dd is on Level 1 in both. In some areas, she has found it very easy and in some very difficult. For example, she goes through the 'hello, how are you, my name is ....." bit easily but if she chooses the role playing option, there is quite an intricate conversation. Likewise if she tries the internet link for the news briefs, they can be VERY challenging.

Like Sue, we are using Auralog in conjunction with other programs (with French, Grammaire Francaise, and German this coming year with OSU + lots of reading and some DVDs).