Menu

my early Christmas present is....

... a school*house*!! :party:

In March we're moving back into our house in Alabama. There's a MIL house in the back that has moldy walls and unsafe flooring that we never had time to fix. DH confessed that he hired somebody to make it habitable and it's allll mine. Plus a very generous decorating budget. It is 800 sq. ft. and has 2 rooms and a full bathroom, running water, electric and ACs. Not much smaller than the sardine can we're living in now. Not sure how I'm going to split up the 2 rooms yet. The sad part is that we're only there 16 - 18 months before we have to move again. I wonder if the neighbors would mind if I put in a bell like in Little House on the Prairie. :lol:

Oh, that's really fantastic!! :thumbup: That's great that you have plumbing and running water in the house- no bathroom trips to the main house! Oh, and that opens up so many possibilities for a science lab since you have running water and room to set up your own lab benches. Fun! Congrats!

Oh, that's really fantastic!! :thumbup: That's great that you have plumbing and running water in the house- no bathroom trips to the main house! Oh, and that opens up so many possibilities for a science lab since you have running water and room to set up your own lab benches. Fun! Congrats!

I was thinking art room!

... a school*house*!! :party:

In March we're moving back into our house in Alabama. There's a MIL house in the back that has moldy walls and unsafe flooring that we never had time to fix. DH confessed that he hired somebody to make it habitable and it's allll mine. Plus a very generous decorating budget. It is 800 sq. ft. and has 2 rooms and a full bathroom, running water, electric and ACs. Not much smaller than the sardine can we're living in now. Not sure how I'm going to split up the 2 rooms yet. The sad part is that we're only there 16 - 18 months before we have to move again. I wonder if the neighbors would mind if I put in a bell like in Little House on the Prairie. :lol:

What a great space to work with. There were a couple two bedroom rentals next to our old house. I used to play "when I win the lottery" and think about how I would make one of them into a school house.

How cool that you really get to do this.