Menu

*Dating* transcript extracurricular activities?

I did not include extracurricular activities on my daughter's transcript. It is quite common, however, for college applications to request this information. Usually their format will state what they require (i.e., chronological order, etc.) Do keep good records of time spent as that information is also required.

Regards,

Kareni

I just had to laugh!

When I first read your thread title I thought you were asking if "dating" (as in boy/girl relationships) should be included on the transcript as an extracurricular activity. :lol:

I did date my dc's activities, because I felt it gave a more accurate picture of them. For instance, being a camp counselor for a week every summer shows up during each year. It shows how responsibilities and independence increased over time. I started with Freshman year and went forward for the same reason.

I just had to laugh!

When I first read your thread title I thought you were asking if "dating" (as in boy/girl relationships) should be included on the transcript as an extracurricular activity. :lol:...

Hey, there's an idea! :w00t: I could call it Socialization 101...

Ds has been required to keep a "resume" of activities by his high school------basically Marching Band 9 10 11 12, Boy Scouts 9 10 11 12 and so on-----for school-related and outside extracurriculars.

We just received an unofficial transcript from school to check for errors. School extracurriculars ARE listed on his transcript:

Chess Club So, Jr

Jazz Band Jr

Latin National Honor Society So, Jr

Marching Band Fr, So, Jr

Mathletes Fr

National Honor Society Jr

Science Olympiad Fr, So, Jr

I assume senior year activities will be listed before the transcript is sent with applications.

We haven't yet seen a transcript for dd15 as she's only a rising sophomore so I don't know how her school handles activities on the transcript.