Menu

Abcteach? Use it? Love it or not?

parias1126

I bought a membership for $20 last year. I downloaded a 30-week word wall program which I liked, and several phonics worksheets. I don't use the worksheet creator, and I won't be renewing my membership this year. It was worth $20 for the word wall last year. But there are much more high quality projects available across the net, which is why I won't be renewing.

Membership materials are very similar to free materials - it's not much different, but there's more available. So if you like and could use the free stuff, it might be fun to have a membership and get to poke around for other stuff.

I renewed my membership for $20. I used abcteach last year for reading comprehension sheets/games. I started off just using the free stuff, but saw titles that we wanted in the membership materials. Every week I receive an email listing new stuff. For example, my son was reading early chapter books such as Henry and Mudge titles. Certain titles had multiple choice comprehension questions, true/false, wordsearch. crosswords, etc. For younger kids they have lots of cut and paste activities. I have also used blank templates to make math review sheets. They also have lots of seasonal stuff.

I like Enchanted Learning too, but for different things. They have lots of mini books, handwriting practice, crafts arranged by topic. They are also good for maps and labeling activities ( ie parts of a crab)

I signed up yesterday. Cindy (savmom) convinced me with 4 detailed messages :-)

I am glad I did. The main thing I can do now is to create Getty-Dubay copywork (I have been using an old version of StartWrite - not user-friendly). I also printed a couple of primary comprehension worksheets for Beatrice Potter books. I think the $20 subscription will be worth it.

BTW there is a yearly group subscription for Enchanted Learning that starts every June - only $2.50 iirc. I signed up for it in late May. (Thanks to member jplain for alerting me to it.) I have used Enchanted Learning for printing some maps that my dd was interested in.

HTH