Menu

Need prayers for dear neighbor and our family...

Last night, our neighbor came over and told us his wife was not given any hope..she went in Thursday for outpatient gallbladder surgery but has suffered 2 strokes since then....one artery is 100% blocked and the other is 70% blocked and inoperable...she's lost use of her arms and he wants us to come and say goodbye today...

It's just been so sudden, I just saw her out in the garden on Wednesday...she brought us bushels of corn last week and a watermelon longer than 2 feet! We're all going today and praying for a miracle...I have been at the bedside when my grandfather passed, but we were prepared and he had a long struggle...I don't want her to see faces of sadness when we walk in, I'm not sure how or if I should 'prep' my children (ages 11-15) before going in....please pray that our words will be an encouragment and that our hearts will speak not our fears....

Thank you,

I don't want her to see faces of sadness when we walk in, I'm not sure how or if I should 'prep' my children (ages 11-15) before going in....please pray that our words will be an encouragment and that our hearts will speak not our fears....

:grouphug: I'm sorry for your loss. (ETA: I just realized I posted this as if she already died. I will pray with you for a miracle.)

I don't know if this will help, but the day my Dad died, I was so impressed with how his pastor treated him. My Dad was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers, and he was hospitalized with a broken rib that caused pneumonia. He was in and out of consciousness, struggling for every breath. His pastor talked to him as if Dad were sitting in front of him in his living room and could understand every word. It was just such a humane way to treat a dying person and a good lesson for me since I had never been with someone who was dying before.

Edited by LizzyBee

I was very concerned about how my children would take our visit, they did not want to see her in pain...but your thoughts and prayers must have helped! She still can not use her arms...but for the first time in 2 days she ate something! I was able to spoon small bites of ice cream for her...and while there, we got her to smile a few times...especially after my husband told her our pool is waiting for that skinny dip we know she's been waiting to take...I left feeling that maybe the doctors have it wrong, she was frail and weak, but her spirit and strong constitution were still there...I just can't give up on the human spirit even when the body seems to fail us...

Thank you and keep praying!

Tara